Motorsport Services six car assault on Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour
The Liqui Moly Bathurst 12h 2013 is a special race that many drivers from touring cars worldwide want to take the win. Motorsport Services is ready for the challenge.
A grid of 51-cars will tackle Mount Panorama on February 8-10, made up of 20 brands and 19 international entries. 6 of those 19 cars are from Motorsport Services who are based at the Hampton Downs Motorsport Park.
Photo by: Eric Gilbert
A host of top V8 Supercar drivers, including Lowndes, Jason Bright, Warren Luff, Steven Johnson, Steven Richards, David Russell, David Wall, Shane van Gisbergen and the new Erebus duo of Slade and Holdsworth and new FPR driver Alex Davison.
The event includes former Bathurst 1000 winners Bright, Richards, John Bowe (also a former 12-hour winner) and of course, Lowndes.
Motorsport Services have entered 3 x Seat Leon Supercopa’s and 3 x Porsche 997 Cup cars. That’s a total of 19 drivers plus at least 30 crew.
1. Car #55 I2 Seat Leon Supercopa, owned by Malcolm Niall - ST Racing. The three drivers are; Malcom Niall (Aus), Clint Harvey (Aus) and Brett Niall (Aus).
2. Car #56 I2 Seat Leon Supercopa, owned by Mark Pilatti - Pilbara Cement Supplies. The three drivers are; Mark Pilatti (Aus), Simon Piavanini (Aus) and Kerry Wade (Aus).
3. Car #70 I2 Seat Leon Supercopa, owned by Motorsport Services. The four drivers are; Kevin Gallichan (NZ), Sam Fillmore (NZ), Mike Driver (NZ) and Aaron Harris (NZ).
4. Car #67 B Porsche 997, owned by Motorsport Services. The three drivers are; David Glasson (NZ), Phil Hood (NZ) and Tony Richards (NZ).
5. Car #68 B Porsche 997, owned by Motorsport Services. The three drivers are; Jeff Lowrey (NZ), Marcus Mahy (UK) and Todd Murphy (NZ)
6. Car # 69 B Porsche 997, owned by Scott and Lindsay O’Donnell – Mobil1. The three drivers are; Scott O’Donnell (NZ), Allan Dippie (NZ) and Lindsay O’Donnell (NZ)
Team Owner David Taylor, started Motorsport Services after a long career in America running American Le Mans teams and Grand Am teams.
“I’ve been back in NZ for 7 years now and growing this team to take on all International endurance events all over the world.The international endurance tour started with Bathurst 12 hour 2010, so we can now say with confidence that we have the international experience.”
“We had two cars at the January 2013 Dubai 24hour and will have cars at the Barcelona 24h, Maxi 48h Endurance in Navarra Spain, Hungary 12h and Nurburgring 24h all in 2013 and looking forward to getting back to the USA for the 25 hr at Thunderhill and the 24 hr of Daytona once more.”
Motorsport Services has competed in three Bathurst 12hours with great results.”
• 2010 - Car #68, BMW130, came 13th overall and 3rd in class.
• 2011 – Car #66, Porsche 997, came 6th overall and 2nd in class. Car # 67, Porsche 996, came 7th overall and 3rd in class. Car # 68, BMW 135i, came12th overall and 2nd in class.
• 2012 - Car # 65, Porsche 997, came 5th Overall and 2nd in class. Car # 66, Porsche 996, came 8th overall and 3rd in class. Car # 67, BMW 135i, came 15th overall and 4th in class. Car # 68, BMW 135i, 17th overall and 5th in class.”
“Plus, this year, we are looking forward to expanding our endurance drives into America as well!”
Peugeot back on the mountain back after 21 years
Holdsworth ends Bathurst 12 Hour practice 2nd
About this article
|Drivers||Shane van Gisbergen , Craig Lowndes , Mika Salo , Rob Huff , Alex Davison , Warren Luff , Bernd Schneider , Jason Bright , David Russell , Steven Johnson , David Taylor , Ivan Capelli , John Bowe , Eric Gilbert , David Wall , Malcolm Niall , Brett Niall , Clint Harvey , Allan Dippie , Kerry Wade , Aaron Harris , David Glasson , Steven Richards , Mark Pilatti , Sam Fillmore , Kevin Gallichan , Todd Murphy , Jeff Lowrey , Simon Piavanini , Tony Richards , Marcus Mahy|