Welcome to this week's top 10 photos chosen by our own photo editors. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did selecting those photos. And remember that you can write your own comments when you click on those photos and bring up the photo viewer page.
Express yourself and let us know what you think!
10. NASCAR is famous (infamous?) for putting on a show. This means everything from ensuring the competition is close to making sure every race has the pageantry and fanfare it deserves. Even at Dover, which is in the middle of nowhere in one of the smallest states in the USA. At least attendance looks pretty decent.
9. No cars. In fact, we wish there were no drivers in this photo either.
Photo by: Larry Chen / formulad.com
8. We are running out of things to say about Spanish ace Marc Marquez, who is lapping the MotoGP field this year like we haven't seen before. Suffice it to say that having an Italian safety worker at the Mugello circuit in Italy, come out to greet you after you slaughtered the competition (including the beloved Italian rider Valentino Rossi) is really saying something. Very nice moment to cap of a fantastic race.
7. Speaking of domination, Kyle Busch almost made it three for three last weekend at Dover, by winning the Truck race, then the Nationwide race on Saturday. A unique angle on a good celebration. Say what you will about Rowdy, but he knows how to give it up when it comes to post-race winning celebration.
6. This iconic shot at Spa will always get a nod. And it helps that the young Carlos Sainz Jr. is featured. Very well lit with a slow shutter speed to give some motion. The cars come by here so slowly it's sometimes difficult to give it a sense of speed.
5. This image of the Ferrari flying during the Le Mans Test Day (as well as a similar shot of a the factory Porsche Manthey 911 getting air) have made the rounds on social media, but it deserves prominent mention here for just how impressively high these cars got. Good capture!
Photo by: Angelique Pader
4. If this doesn't say "PORSCHE IS BACK AT LE MANS" to you, then you've been living under a rock for the past 15 years.
3. These flagstand photos from NASCAR are usually impressive, or at the very least a different angle. It doesn't get old, really. Nice timing, where the winning car is nicely placed, and the checkered flag is unfurled (not always the case, and it's by chance really).
2. Helio Castroneves giving some emotion after claiming pole for the Detroit IndyCar race. Then he climbed the fencing when he won the actual race. Emotion always trumps action, unless it's upside and on fire.
1. A new classic shot from Le Mans. For the third year in a row Motorsport.com helped organize and shot the official group photo of all the cars entered for the 24 Hours of Le Mans. This could be the most expensive parking lot ever.
Top 10 videos of the week: 2014-06-03
Top 10 videos of the week: 2014-06-10
About this article
|Drivers||Romain Dumas , Marc Lieb , Carlos Sainz Jr. Shop Now , Spencer Pumpelly , Brad Keselowski , Helio Castroneves , Abdulaziz Al Faisal , Jimmie Johnson , Marc Marquez Shop Now , Neel Jani , Valentino Rossi Shop Now , Kyle Busch , Seth Neiman , Eric Gilbert , Chris Forsberg , Vaughn Gittin Jr. , Kenny Moen|
|Teams||Hendrick Motorsports , Porsche Team Shop Now , JMW Motorsport , Repsol Honda Team|