SWS: Las Vegas fact sheet
WHAT: Las Vegas "100" Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 13 of 16 WHERE: Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, Nevada 1.5-Mile Paved WHEN: Saturday, October 13, 2001 -- 6:30 p.m. DISTANCE: 67 ...
WHAT: Las Vegas "100" Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 13 of 16
WHERE: Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, Nevada 1.5-Mile Paved
WHEN: Saturday, October 13, 2001 -- 6:30 p.m.
DISTANCE: 67 Laps/100.5 Miles
POSTED AWARDS: $53,050
FIELD: 36 cars possible. The fastest 30 cars through time trials with two provisional starting positions (31st & 32nd) available to the top 30 drivers in current 2001 Featherlite Southwest Series drivers point standings, who have not qualified for one of the original 30 starting positions, provided eligible drivers attempt to qualify. The 33rd & 34th starting positions will be available to the highest 30 car owners in the current 2001 NFSWS point standings, who have not qualified for one of the original 30 starting positions, provided eligible owner's car added to the field is the car which was used in the official qualifying attempt or was used during an official practice period. The 35th Provisional starting position has been established for a Raybestos Brakes Northwest Series competitor in the top 30 current RBNWS 2001 point standings who has not qualified in the top 30. The 36th Provisional starting position has been established for a RE/MAX Challenge Series competitor in the top 30 current 2001 RCS point standings who has not qualified in the top 30.
SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR)
PROMOTER: Nevada Speedway, LLC. <pre> SCHEDULE:
Friday, October 12 11:00 a.m. Registration opens 12:00 noon Haulers enter 1:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Inspection
Saturday, October 13 7:00 a.m. Registration and Inspection 7:30 a.m. Mandatory Rookie Meeting 8:00 a.m. Drawing to determine Qualifying 8:35-10:35 a.m. Practice 12:30 p.m. Time Trials (2 Laps). All positions 3:00 p.m. Driver's and Crew Chief meeting 6:30p.m. Las Vegas "100"
THE RACE TRACK: LVMS is a 1.5-mile paved superspeedway. RECORDS: Driver Date Speed Time QUALIFYING: M.K. Kanke 11/7/98 145.177 mph 37.196 sec. RACE: 60-Laps M.K. Kanke 11/7/98 109.533 mph 48 min, 18 sec. RACE: 133-Laps Chris Raudman 3/15/97 115.857 mph 1 hr, 43 min, 19 sec
FEATHERLITE SOUTHWEST SERIES NOTES:
* Through 12 races this season there have been six (6) different winners. M.K. Kanke of Frazier Park, Calif. has the most wins with four (4). Craig Raudman leads the point standings and has three (3) wins.
* Bob Lyon, Aqua Dulce, Calif., is the iron man of the series with 228 appearances.
* Doug McCoun has the longest active streak of consecutive seasons finishing in the top 10 in the final standings. McCoun has managed top 10 finishes eight straight years. McCoun is currently 10th in the 2001 standings.
* The LVMS event marks the third time the series has visited a superspeedway in 2001.
* M.K. Kanke is the all time Bud Pole winner on the Featherlite Southwest Series with 25 poles.
* Scott Brandt of Kalispell, MT. Leads the Rookie-of-the-Year point standings over Burney Lamar, Ben Walker, Eddy McKean,
* 121 drivers have attempted to qualify for Featherlite Southwest Series events so far in 2001. <pre> Current 2001 Point Standings 1998 FSWS at LVMS Top 10 1. Craig Raudman 1. M.K. Kanke 2. Auggie Vidovich Jr. 2. Doug McCoun 3. Darrell LaMoure 3. Kevin Harvick 4. Jon Nelson 4. Steve Portenga 5. Bob Lyon 5. Scott Hansen 6. Greg Pursley 6. John Dillon 7. Jim Pettit II 7. Garrett Evans 8. Nick Joanides 8. Jim Inglebright 9. Marc Groskreutz 9. A.J. Alsup 10. Doug McCoun 10. Patrick Lawler
</pre> 1998 RACE REVIEW: M.K. Kanke grabbed the Bud Pole Award with a time of 37.196 and started first. Kanke would lead the first 20 laps before Doug McCoun took the lead on lap 21 under caution. Kevin Harvick then led lap 22 before McCoun jumped back around the youngster. Steve Portenga flexed his muscle by lap 24 and led through lap 27. Kanke made his way back to the front and led the final 32 circuits in route to the win. Kanke won $11,675 for his fourth win of the 1998 season.
1998 RACE STATS Bud Pole: M.K. Kanke 37.196/145.177 mph (Record) Time of Race: 48 min, 18 sec Average Speed: 109.533 mph Margin of Victory: .450 seconds Caution Flags: Three for 10 Laps (20-22, 44-47, 55-57) Lap Leaders: M.K. Kanke 1-20, Doug McCoun 21, Kevin Harvick 22, McCoun 23, Steve Portenga 24-27, Kanke 28-60. Five lead changes among four drivers.
Previous FSWS Winners at LVMS 1998- M.K. Kanke 1997- Chris Raudman 1997- Bryan Germone (Roadcourse)