AUS Utes: Series Phillip Island facts
Ten Fast Facts about V8 Utes at Phillip Island 1) About the Track: Length: 4.445 km Turns: 12 Clock runs: Anticlockwise Fastest V8 Ute Lap Av. Speed Is: 139kph, V8 Ute Race Av. Speed Is: 137kph 2) This is the first time in 3 years the V8 Utes ...
Ten Fast Facts about V8 Utes at Phillip Island
1) About the Track:
Length: 4.445 km
Clock runs: Anticlockwise
Fastest V8 Ute Lap Av. Speed Is: 139kph,
V8 Ute Race Av. Speed Is: 137kph
2) This is the first time in 3 years the V8 Utes have been at Phillip Island with the last year 2007.
3) Phillip Island (PI) is Round 5 of the 2010 Yokohama V8 Ute Racing Series protected by Armor All and marks the half-way point.
4) The current race lap record is 1:51.99 set in 2006 by Marcus Zukanovic in a Falcon BF XR8.
5) Gary MacDonald set the first lap record at Phillip Island in his Holden VU in 2002. He set it in Race 1 in a time of 1:55.48 he then broke it that same weekend in Race 3 by more than a second in a time of 1:54.18. MacDonald returned in 2003 to break his own record once again in Race 1 in a time of 1:53.00.
6) Phillip Island staged the grand finale of the 2007 Season and saw a battle between Coopers Clear Racings, Jack Elsegood and Grant Johnson.
Elsegood was ahead by 25 points and had the title in the bag until half-way through the final race he suffered technical issues which saw him lose his title chance and Johnson was able to secure his first V8 Ute title. Johnson is currently leading the Series ahead of Elsegood by 21 points.
7) 20 out of the 32 V8 Ute drivers have competed at Phillip Island before.
8) The likes of country singer Adam Brand, TV presenter Grant Denyer, V8 Supercar drivers, Warren Luff, Damien White and Marcus Zukanovic, Bathurst legend Allan Grice, V8 Ute patron Ian McAllister and son of a legend James Brock have all competed at Phillip Island in a V8 Ute.
9) Driver changes include: Paul Williams will be replaced by female driver Lauren Gray for Phillip Island. (Former F3 and production car driver (competed at Bathurst 12 hour in 2008 in all girls team with Leanne Tander and also this year with her father Michael).
Former young lion and V8 Ute driver Kurt Wimmer will make a return to the field after a 10 month absence and will be driving Brad Pattons Wicked Energy Drink Ford BF. (This is Wimmers first time in a Ford BF)
After 9 and a half years sporting BVC Racing on his Ute Captain Robert Jarvis has made a move to iseek racing and will join now teammate Jason Gomersall in the Blue and White Ute.
Western Australian Car Club President, Rick Gill will be driving car #51 of Scott Jennings for the second time this year. His first time in a V8 Ute was at Round 2 of the 2010 Yokohama V8 Ute Racing Series protected by Armor All at Winton Raceway.
10) There will be two local Victorians competing in the V8 Utes at the L&H 500 at Phillip Island including Kim Jane and Lauren Gray.
-source: aus v8 utes
AUS Utes: Lauren Gray joins series
AUS Utes: Rhys McNally Phillip Island race 1 report