Supercars
Supercars
26 Jun
-
28 Jun
Event finished
17 Jul
-
19 Jul
Practice 1 in
3 days
R
Hidden Valley
07 Aug
-
09 Aug
Next event in
23 days
R
Townsville
28 Aug
-
30 Aug
Next event in
44 days
R
Sandown
18 Sep
-
20 Sep
Next event in
65 days
R
Bathurst
08 Oct
-
11 Oct
Next event in
85 days
R
Wanneroo
30 Oct
-
01 Nov
Next event in
107 days
20 Nov
-
22 Nov
Next event in
128 days
11 Dec
-
13 Dec
Event finished

Prodrive Racing confirms Dunlop Series line-up

shares
comments
Prodrive Racing confirms Dunlop Series line-up
By:
Feb 8, 2017, 6:03 AM

Josh Kean has been drafted into Prodrive Racing Australia’s Dunlop Series line-up for the 2017 season, joining 2016 series champion Garry Jacobson.

Josh Kean
Dunlop Series: champion Garry Jacobson
Cameron Waters, Prodrive Racing Australia Ford
Mark Winterbottom and Dean Canto, Prodrive Racing Australia Ford

The Supercars squad is going for three titles in a row in the second-tier series. Cameron Waters having won in 2015 before Jacobson beat teammate Jack Le Brocq in 2016.

Kean will now replace Le Brocq in a PRA Falcon FG X, the 23-year-old arriving after a two-season stint in a Brad Jones Racing Commodore.

"I'm pumped. I'm really impressed with the whole operation with everything being done in-house and the professional way these guys run," said Kean.

"I think that this is the next step. These guys are proven; they've done it all in the last few years. It's the right opportunity, in the right car, with the right bunch of guys and it's the way to go with my career so I'm really excited.

"The guys here are a great bunch which makes me feel good, makes me feel at home. I'm really stoked about getting here and getting the car right and going on a test day on the 22nd of February.”

Prodrive boss Tim Edwards said he is expecting his squad to run at the front of the field again in 2017.

“Josh is a competitive guy who enjoys being out on the track and that kind of attitude is a really important part of the culture here,” Edwards said.

“He's been there or there abouts in the last few years and like Garry did last year, I think he will be able to step up and give the guys at the front of the field a run for their money.

"The test day will obviously be important for him to acclimatise to the Ford and to our setups but having Garry there to bounce off will be beneficial as well. I'm confident he'll settle in quickly and be ready to go by Clipsal.

"It's fantastic to have Garry back on board for 2017 as well. His skill will only improve this year and I expect to see him back up at the front this season."

The Kean/Jacobson announcement also serves as confirmation that Le Brocq won’t be part of the team this season. While his plans are yet to be formally confirmed, Le Brocq did drive an MW Motorsport Nissan during the team’s handover of its two new Altimas.

Next article
CAMS clarifies Alex Rullo Superlicence dispensation

Previous article

CAMS clarifies Alex Rullo Superlicence dispensation

Next article

Premat: Triple Eight split a ‘tough decision’

Premat: Triple Eight split a ‘tough decision’
Load comments

About this article

Series Supercars
Drivers Garry Jacobson , Josh Kean
Teams Tickford Racing
Author Andrew van Leeuwen