4000 spectator limit for 2020 Bathurst 1000

Supercars has confirmed that up to 4000 spectators per day will be allowed through the gates for the 2020 Bathurst 1000 weekend, while the popular camp sites will be closed.

4000 spectator limit for 2020 Bathurst 1000

As part of a COVID-19 safe plan approved by NSW Health, the 4000 per day spectator allowance will only include reserved seating from Murray's Corner to Hell Corner.

That means no access to the general admission areas at the top of Mount Panorama.

In 2019 more than 201,000 fans came through the gates over the four days, marking the fifth-straight year over 200,000.

The popular camp sites will also be closed this year, while paddock access won't be allowed and there will be no autograph sessions.

The announcement follows news that the New South Wales government will increase crowd limits in stadiums from 25 per cent to 50 per cent from October 1, although strict zoning to ensure social distancing will be in place – something not possible with unseated, general admission areas.

Read Also:

People who had already bought tickets or camp sites for the 2020 Bathurst 1000 will have a 24-hour pre-sale window to access the new allowance, which kicks off at 12pm next Tuesday.

Existing ticket holders also have the option of rolling their tickets over to 2021 or getting a refund through Ticketek.

“Whilst we are disappointed that we can’t have a full crowd at Bathurst, we’re delighted to offer a limited attendance," said Supercars CEO Sean Seamer.

"A race track like Mount Panorama is not as easy as a stadium to prepare in a COVID-19 compliant way due to the lack of dedicated seating.

“We thank the NSW Government and Bathurst Regional Council for their ongoing support of the event and for working with us on a plan that will allow fans the opportunity to see a new King of the Mountain and championship winner crowned on October 18.

“We understand a number of fans will be disappointed that camping and normal ticketing opportunities are not available this year, however the safety of everyone attending the event is our main concern at all times.”

While the limited crowd number will come as a major blow to Bathurst and its hospitality industry, mayor Bobby Bourke welcomed the fact the event will proceed at all.

“Council is pleased that the 2020 event is able to proceed and while it will look very different to previous years with limited crowd numbers, we appreciate the work that has gone into planning for a COVID-safe event by Supercars and the various government agencies," he said.

“The Bathurst 1000 is an iconic event worldwide and to be able to proceed in 2020 is a credit to all involved.

“We look forward to welcoming the teams and a small number of fans to Bathurst for the event and sharing the excitement of the event with thousands of others who will be joining us from their lounge rooms.”

The 2020 Bathurst 1000 will run from October 15-18.

Ticketing details for the 2020 Bathurst 1000

  • Up to 4000 reserved seating tickets will be available per day
  • Reserved seating at bottom of Mountain Panorama
  • No public camping
  • No access to paddock area/back of garages throughout the event for patrons
  • No autograph sessions with drivers
  • No access to top of Mountain Panorama
  • All existing ticket holders will be given two options – roll tickets over to 2021 or access a refund through Ticketek
  • Existing ticket holders will be offered an exclusive pre-sale window to purchase reserved seating tickets to the newly-designated areas: Tuesday 22nd September from 12pm AEST
shares
comments
McLaughlin confirmed for IndyCar debut at St. Pete

Previous article

McLaughlin confirmed for IndyCar debut at St. Pete

Next article

Adderton calls for more Gen3 clarity amid team talks

Adderton calls for more Gen3 clarity amid team talks
Load comments
Why replacing Supercars' GOAT with a teenager is worth the risk for T8 Prime

Why replacing Supercars' GOAT with a teenager is worth the risk for T8

On the face of it, picking an 18-year-old rookie to replace arguably the greatest Supercars driver of all time is a risky move. But as Jamie Whincup takes up a team principal role and hands his car to Broc Feeney, it's one that he is confident will be rewarded in the fullness of time - time which wasn't afforded to Whincup in his early days

Supercars
Sep 1, 2021
How Randle went from fighting cancer to battling for Supercars contention Prime

How Randle went from fighting cancer to battling for Supercars contention

After his fledgling career was paused by a battle with testicular cancer, Thomas Randle then had to wrestle with finding a drive in Supercars after he got the all-clear. It's been a long road for the Melbourne native but, after two lengthy battles, he's finally got a full-time drive to look forward to

Supercars
Jun 29, 2021
How crisis talks over Supercars’ Gen3 future could leave it without a paddle Prime

How crisis talks over Supercars’ Gen3 future could leave it without a paddle

With Supercars’ Gen3 era on the horizon, a shift is set to take place – in more ways than one – but, as has become clear in recent weeks, the plan to bin the stick and use paddles with electronic assisted shift has been met with fierce opposition

Supercars
May 24, 2021
Can DJR still be a Supercars powerhouse after Penske? Prime

Can DJR still be a Supercars powerhouse after Penske?

Roger Penske's whirlwind Australian Supercars sojourn is over. After six seasons, three drivers' titles, three teams' championships and a Bathurst 1000 crown, The Captain has sold his controlling stake in Dick Johnson Racing back to the squad and walked away from the category.

Supercars
Feb 26, 2021
Can Whincup be Triple Eight's ruthless leader? Prime

Can Whincup be Triple Eight's ruthless leader?

Supercars' most successful team of the past 15 years is set for a radical shakeup next year when Jamie Whincup retires from driving and takes over the reins at Triple Eight. But does he have what it takes to be the new Roland Dane?

Supercars
Feb 8, 2021
How a lifetime Supercars deal broke down in one year Prime

How a lifetime Supercars deal broke down in one year

David Reynolds inked what was effectively a lifetime deal with Erebus in 2019 – only to walk out a year later. What went wrong?

Supercars
Dec 18, 2020
Why Supercars now needs a new "human salt harvester" Prime

Why Supercars now needs a new "human salt harvester"

Scott McLaughlin has been a controversial figure in Supercars over the past few years but, as he heads off to a fresh challenge in IndyCar, the Australian tin-top series needs to find someone else to fill his drama-filled boots as the category enters a new era...

Supercars
Nov 3, 2020
Why 2020 isn't McLaughlin's greatest title Prime

Why 2020 isn't McLaughlin's greatest title

Scott McLaughlin was quick to describe his third Supercars title as his best yet. But even though it didn't match the dramatic backstory of his 2018 triumph, there's a good reason for him wanting to control the narrative this time around.

Supercars
Oct 2, 2020