35 entries have been confirmed to be taking part in the 2015 World Endurance Championship.
The FIA and the ACO has announced a provisional full season entry list for the 2015 FIA World Endurance Championship in Paris today.
35 entries are so far confirmed to take part in the whole championship; 11 in LMP1, 10 in LMP2, and seven each in LMGTE Pro and LMGTE Am.
Two per factory LMP1s
Two entries each from the major Hybrid manufacturers - Audi, Nissan, Porsche and Toyota make up the bulk of the LMP1 entry. As reigning champions – Toyota run with race numbers 1 and 2 this season. Porsche have changed from last season’s 14 and 20 to numbers 17 and 18.
Two more Nissan drivers confirmed
Nissan has confirmed Frenchman – Olivier Pla and rising British star – Harry Tincknell as drivers in their recently launched Nissan GT-R LM NISMO. They join Marc Gene who was announced last Sunday.
Rebellion Racing is confirmed as switching from Toyota to AER power this season and also keeping at least Nicolas Prost and Mathias Beche on its driving squad.
Yacaman joins Derani at G-Drive
The newly named Team BYKOLLES outfit confirmed Simon Trummer to spearheading their team this season. The team will run under Austrian nationality. In LMP2 G-Drive Racing has confirmed their expansion to two Ligier-Nissan entries. The second car this season will see a strong South American flavour as TUSC regular Gustavo Yacaman from Colombia is joined by Luiz Felipe Derani. See yesterday’s exclusive story by clicking HERE.
Also confirmed today were double ELMS champions Signatech Alpine with an all-French line up of 2014 ELMS title winners – Nelson Panciatici and Paul-Loup Chatin being joined by former Sebastien Loeb Racing pilot and Le Mans resident Vincent Capaillaire.
The rest of the LMP2 field had all been previously announced with Extreme Speed Motorsports and Team SARD Morand with two cars each and KCMG, Strakka and Oak Racing fielding on car for the fourth season of the FIA WEC.
As revealed by Motorspprt.com, SMP Racing will concentrate on the Le Mans 24 Hours and a full ELMS programme with their new Paolo Catone penned BR01 LMP2 car. Ex-IndyCar racer Mikhail Aleshin will be one of the drivers for the Russian entered team.
The LMGTE Pro class is equally as straight forward with AF Corse Ferrari, Porsche Team Manthey confirming two cars each.
Aston Martin Racing has expanded to a three car LMGTE Pro attack in 2015. Darren Turner, Fernando Rees and Marco Sørensen are the designated drivers so far for the British marque.
LMGTE Am sees new teams and drivers in 2015. Chevy Corvette power will echo through the tracks and pitlanes once again as Larbre Compeition field a C7 for former 8 Star Motorsports Ferrari drivers – Gianluca Roda and Paolo Ruberti.
Patrick Dempsey is confirmed in the Dempsey-Proton Porsche 911 RSR and SMP Raccing enter one of their Ferrari 458 Italia cars for team regular Viktor Shaitar and two soon to be confirmed team mates.
Two Aston Martin V8 Vantages will run in the Am class too. Canada’s Paul Dalla Lana returns for a second season, while Gulf Racing aficionado and collector Roald Goethe will drive the #96 car with as yet unnamed teammates.
The fourth season of the FIA WEC will get underway at Silverstone, over the weekend of 10-12 April.
LMP1 – All using Michelin tyres (11)
1. Toyota Racing (JPN) Toyota TS040 Hybrid Anthony Davidson (GBR)
2. Toyota Racing (JPN) Toyota TS040 Hybrid Alexander Wurz (AUT)
4. Team BYKOLLES (AUT) CLM P1/01 AER Simon Trummer (CHE)
7. Audi Sport Team Joest (DEU) Audi R18 e-tron Quattro Marcel Fassler (CHE)
8. Audi Sport Team Joest (DEU) Audi R18 e-tron Quattro Lucas Di Grassi (BRA)
12. Rebellion Racing (CHE) Rebellion R-One AER Nicolas Prost (FRA)
13. Rebellion Racing (CHE) Rebellion R-One AER Mathias Beche (CHE)
17. Porsche Team (DEU) Porsche 919 Hybrid Timo Bernhard (DEU)
18. Porsche Team (DEU)Porsche 919 Hybrid Romain Dumas (FRA)
22. Nissan Motorsports (JPN) Nissan GT-R LM NISMO Harry Tincknell (GBR)
23. Nissan Motorsports (JPN) Nissan GT-R LM NISMO Olivier Pla (FRA)
LMP2 – All bar #42 Strakka using Dunlop tyres (10)
26. G-Drive Racing (RUS) Ligier JS P2 Nissan Roman Rusinov (RUS)
28. G-Drive Racing (RUS) Ligier JS P2 Nissan Gustavo Yacaman (COL)
30. Extreme Speed Motorsports (USA) HPD ARX 04B Honda Scott Sharp (USA)
31. Extreme Speed Motorsports (USA) HPD ARX 04B Honda Ed Brown (USA)
35. Oak Racing (FRA) Ligier JS P2 Nissan Jacques Nicolet (FRA)
36. Signatech Alpine (FRA) Alpine A450B Nissan Nelson Panciatici (FRA)
39. Team SARD Morand (JPN) Morgan-Evo SARD Christian Klien
42. Strakka Racing (GBR) Strakka-Dome S103 Nissan Nick Leventis (GBR)
43. Team SARD Morand (JPN) Morgan-Evo SARD Pierre Ragues (FRA)
47. KCMG (HKG) Oreca 05 Nissan Matthew Howson
LMGTE Pro (7)
51. AF Corse (ITA) Ferrari 458 Italia Gianmaria Bruni (ITA)
71. AF Corse (ITA) Ferrari 458 Italia Davide Rigon (ITA)
91. Porsche Team Manthey (DEU) Porsche 911 RSR Richard Lietz (AUT)
92. Porsche Team Manthey (DEU) Porsche 911 RSR Patrick Pilet (FRA)
95. Aston Martin Racing (GBR) Aston Martin Vantage V8 Marco Sørensen (SWE)
97. Aston Martin Racing (GBR) Aston Martin Racing V8 Darren Turner (GBR)
99. Aston Martin Racing (GBR) Aston Martin Racing V8 Fernando Rees (BRA)
LMGTE –AM (7)
50. Larbre Competition (FRA) Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gianluca Roda (ITA)
72. SMP Racing (RUS) Ferrari 458 Italia Viktor Shaitar (RUS)
77. Dempsey-Proton Racing (DEU) Porsche 911 RSR Patrick Dempsey (USA)
83. AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia (ITA) Francois Perrodo (FRA)
88. ABU Dhabi-Proton Racing (DEU) Christian Reid (DEU)
96. Aston Martin Racing (GBR) Aston Martin Racing V8 Roald Goethe (DEU)
98. Aston Martin Racing (GBR) Aston Martin Racing V8 Paul Dalla Lana (CAN)
The AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italias and the titles to keep
Nissan reveals Pla, Tincknell and Matsuda for GT-R LMP1 squad
About this article
|Drivers||Romain Dumas , Darren Turner , Harry Tincknell , Timo Bernhard , Mathias Beche , François Perrodo , Nicolas Prost , Simon Trummer , Marco Sorensen , Anthony Davidson , Roman Rusinov , Olivier Pla , Davide Rigon , Christian Ried , Nelson Panciatici , Pierre Ragues , Richard Lietz , Mikhail Aleshin , Jacques Nicolet , Marcel Fassler , Patrick Pilet , Fernando Rees , Nick Leventis , Scott Sharp , Gianmaria Bruni , Matthew Howson , Marc Gene , Sébastien Loeb , Patrick Dempsey , Gustavo Yacaman , Christian Klien , Alexander Wurz , Paolo Ruberti , Roald Goethe , Paul Dalla Lana , Ed Brown , Gianluca Roda , Viktor Shaytar|