Full Race Highlights - 6 Hours of Nürburgring
PORSCHE TAKE 1-2 AFTER THRILLING RACE LONG FIGHT; FERRARI CLAIM LMGTE PRO HONOURS
• Timo Bernhard, Brendon Hartley and Earl Bamber took their first win of the 2017 FIA World Endurance Championship season after a thrilling battle with the sister No.2 Porsche 919 Hybrid
• The two Porsches were rarely more than four or five seconds apart during the entire race but I was the reigning title winning car which triumphed to give both Bernhard and Hartley their 10th WEC wins and their third consecutive wins at Nurburgring.
• Andre Lotterer, Neel Jani and Nick Tandy took second position after leading for large periods of the race, but the trio lost the lead at the final pit stop.
• The pole sitting No.7 Toyota of Kamui Kobayashi, Jose-Maria Lopez and Mike Conway took third place after leading in the early stages. The Toyota TS 050 HYBRID fell back however and finished just under a lap down on the winning Porsche.
• Winners of the first two races at Silverstone and Spa, the No.8 Toyota Gazoo Racing trio of Anthony Davidson, Kazuki Nakajima and Sebastien Buemi suffered a frustrating race as an enforced change of fuel pump put them out of contention. The car did though recover well and claim fourth placed points.
• The Jackie Chan DC Racing team celebrated another win, their third in four races with the Oliver Jarvis, Thomas Laurent and Ho-Pin Tung crewed Oreca-Gibson. They led for the majority of the race after wresting the lead from the No.31 Vaillante Rebellion.
• The LMGTE Pro class some frantic action in the early phase of the race between all four manufacturers. However, it was the No.51 AF Corse Ferrari which took James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi to a first win of the season after the pair maximized their tyres and set-up to the fullest to head home the pair of Porsche 911 RSR entries.
• LMGTE Am saw a popular home victory for Dempsey-Proton Porsche. Christian Ried, Matteo Cairoli and Marvin Dienst held off the Spirit of Race Ferrari and Aston Martin Racing challenge to ensure that both Dienst and Cairoli took their first WEC wins.
About this video
|Posted||Jul 16, 2017|