Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Oscar Piastri: Error that cost me F1 Azerbaijan GP podium was "a bit weird"

Formula 1
Formula 1
Azerbaijan GP
Oscar Piastri: Error that cost me F1 Azerbaijan GP podium was "a bit weird"

Erik Jones agrees to multi-year contract extension with Legacy Motor Club

NASCAR Cup
NASCAR Cup
Kansas II
Erik Jones agrees to multi-year contract extension with Legacy Motor Club

Kurt Busch buys NASCAR truck from his rookie season for $110,000 at auction

NASCAR Cup
NASCAR Cup
Kurt Busch buys NASCAR truck from his rookie season for $110,000 at auction

George Russell after rejuvenating Baku win: "It would have been very easy for me to lose the faith"

Formula 1
Formula 1
Azerbaijan GP
George Russell after rejuvenating Baku win: "It would have been very easy for me to lose the faith"

"Everything that could go wrong went wrong" for Ferrari in Fuji WEC

WEC
WEC
Fuji
"Everything that could go wrong went wrong" for Ferrari in Fuji WEC

Wins v. big picture dominate Truck Series Chase discourse after Kansas

NASCAR Truck
NASCAR Truck
Kansas
Wins v. big picture dominate Truck Series Chase discourse after Kansas

Jorge Martin “made us feel wanted” amid current MotoGP struggles, says Yamaha boss

MotoGP
MotoGP
Austrian GP
Jorge Martin “made us feel wanted” amid current MotoGP struggles, says Yamaha boss

Alpine makes statement as Franco Colapinto-related abuse accelerates

Formula 1
Formula 1
Azerbaijan GP
Alpine makes statement as Franco Colapinto-related abuse accelerates

Suzuka waits for qualifying decision

Due to adverse (to say the least) weather conditions, the FIA is holding a meeting to determine whether Saturday practice and qualifying at Suzuka should go ahead. After torrential downpours during Friday's practices for the Japanese Grand Prix, ...

Due to adverse (to say the least) weather conditions, the FIA is holding a meeting to determine whether Saturday practice and qualifying at Suzuka should go ahead. After torrential downpours during Friday's practices for the Japanese Grand Prix, safety concerns are to the fore.

The weather forecast is no better, if not worse, for Saturday, with Typhoon 22 heading directly for Japan and predicted to arrive at Suzuka in time to disrupt qualifying.

Not only is the worry for race drivers -- high winds and torrential rain are not exactly the best conditions -- but the race organisers are concerned for the safety of the spectators.

Also, the medical helicopter will not be able to fly if the conditions are as bad as expected. Given the circumstances, the FIA is currently looking into ways the grid might be formed if qualifying should be cancelled.

The current popular theories are that the results of the Chinese GP will determine the grid order for Sunday, or qualifying will take place tomorrow (Sunday) morning.

Previous article Japanese GP: Williams Friday practice notes
Next article Japanese GP: Michelin Friday practice notes

Top Comments

Latest news