Three car idea 'not thought through' - Haug
Mercedes may also oppose Ferrari's plans to give teams the ability to field three cars apiece in the near future. Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo, who is also chairman of the teams association FOTA, said after heading a meeting with ...
Mercedes may also oppose Ferrari's plans to give teams the ability to field three cars apiece in the near future.
Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo, who is also chairman of the teams association FOTA, said after heading a meeting with colleagues at Monza on Wednesday that the issue of allowing three cars had been discussed.
Williams has already indicated that it will block the introduction of the measure, and Mercedes' Norbert Haug told a-z.ch: "This (three cars) idea has not been thought through."
"Perhaps Ferrari is interested because they have so many drivers under contract," the German added.
Haug is referring to the fact that, as well as being contractually obliged to both Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen for 2010, Ferrari has also apparently signed Fernando Alonso and remains interested in housing a Michael Schumacher comeback.
Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali said that, contrary to Ferrari's wishes, he was not sure the three-car regime will arrive for 2010.
"It is difficult, unless the (three) new teams take a step back," he admitted in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport.
We want your opinion!
What would you like to see on Motorsport.com?
Take our 5 minute survey.- The Motorsport.com Team
Share Or Save This Story
The season is still very long - Rosberg
Jules Bianchi's father speaks of family's continued hopes
Sauber under no illusions about constructors' position
Defendant ordered to pay £250,000 legal fees in Felipe Massa F1 title case
Felipe Massa’s F1 2008 lawsuit will proceed to trial
Felipe Massa's £64million legal claim update: Judgement reserved after three-day hearing
"Either very right or very wrong" – Charles Leclerc explains Ferrari's bold choice for Dutch GP sprint
The key to Charles Leclerc overtaking a “quite slow” Lando Norris
Why Charles Leclerc’s battle of the brakes has left him trailing Lewis Hamilton
Latest news
LIVE: F1 Dutch Grand Prix updates - Qualifying kicks off at Zandvoort
"Either very right or very wrong" – Charles Leclerc explains Ferrari's bold choice for Dutch GP sprint
IMSA cracks down on escalating driver aggression ahead of VIR
Why Williams problems are worse than previously known
Feature
Why Williams problems are worse than previously known
The hidden benefit of Max Verstappen’s new F1 deal that Red Bull wants to exploit
The themes to watch for the rest of F1 2026
Why the Dutch GP is ending despite F1 wanting Zandvoort to stay
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
You have 2 options:
- Become a subscriber.
- Disable your adblocker.
Top Comments