Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Five quick takeaways from the F1 Dutch GP

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Five quick takeaways from the F1 Dutch GP

Nico Rosberg says George Russell is "back at his best" after difficult F1 start

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Nico Rosberg says George Russell is "back at his best" after difficult F1 start

Dutch F1 grand prix red flagged after huge Max Verstappen crash

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Dutch F1 grand prix red flagged after huge Max Verstappen crash

Nico Rosberg warns Kimi Antonelli of F1 title "demons"

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Nico Rosberg warns Kimi Antonelli of F1 title "demons"

Stefano Domenicali "cannot see" F1 without Max Verstappen

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Stefano Domenicali "cannot see" F1 without Max Verstappen

LIVE: F1 Dutch Grand Prix updates - Lando Norris wins as Mercedes clinches podium places

Formula 1
Dutch GP
LIVE: F1 Dutch Grand Prix updates - Lando Norris wins as Mercedes clinches podium places

Lando Norris: I hope Mercedes gets a double disqualification in Las Vegas and forgets to pit in Qatar

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Lando Norris: I hope Mercedes gets a double disqualification in Las Vegas and forgets to pit in Qatar

Why McLaren thinks Ferrari is quickest in Zandvoort, but may well be stuck

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why McLaren thinks Ferrari is quickest in Zandvoort, but may well be stuck

F1 mirror ban delayed until Barcelona

F1 teams have been given more time to adjust to the new ban on outboard-mounted rear view mirrors. It emerged in Malaysia on Thursday that this weekend's race at Sepang will be the last for the sort of mirrors seen on the Red Bull and Ferrari ...

F1 teams have been given more time to adjust to the new ban on outboard-mounted rear view mirrors.

It emerged in Malaysia on Thursday that this weekend's race at Sepang will be the last for the sort of mirrors seen on the Red Bull and Ferrari cars.

In Australia last week, veterans Rubens Barrichello and Pedro de la Rosa led the calls for better driver visibility, with mirrors increasingly integrated on flimsy aerodynamic bodywork mounted away from the cockpit sides.

But Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel said his team is "concerned" about the ban, which according to Thursday's reports was to come into effect ahead of the next race in Shanghai later this month.

But because the McLaren, Mercedes, Lotus, Virgin, Toro Rosso and Renault teams are not at all affected by the ban, the topic was apparently a bone of contention as bosses met at Sepang on Friday afternoon.

We reported speculation on Thursday that the fuss being made about mirrors may have been part of an effort to haul in the dominant pace of the Red Bull cars.

Red Bull and Ferrari, as well as Williams, Force India, Sauber and HRT, have now been given until the Spanish GP next month to remove the offending mirror designs.

Previous article Report - FOTA to discuss refuelling, Kubica to Ferrari?
Next article Malaysian GP: Karun Chandhok Friday report

Top Comments

Latest news