Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Johann Zarco to wait several weeks before undergoing surgery

MotoGP
Catalan GP
Johann Zarco to wait several weeks before undergoing surgery

MotoGP chief Carlos Ezpeleta defends decision to restart Catalan GP twice

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
MotoGP chief Carlos Ezpeleta defends decision to restart Catalan GP twice

The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

Feature
Formula 1
Feature
The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

Honda reveals “important target” for F1 Canadian GP

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Honda reveals “important target” for F1 Canadian GP

Francesco Bagnaia fears wrist injury after Johann Zarco crash: “Something’s not quite right”

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
Francesco Bagnaia fears wrist injury after Johann Zarco crash: “Something’s not quite right”

Johann Zarco recounts Barcelona MotoGP crash: "It was absolutely terrifying"

MotoGP
Catalan GP
Johann Zarco recounts Barcelona MotoGP crash: "It was absolutely terrifying"

On this day: Olivier Panis takes only F1 win in chaotic Monaco GP

Formula 1
Monaco GP
On this day: Olivier Panis takes only F1 win in chaotic Monaco GP

Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

Hamilton has 'changed attitude' after recent crashes

After crashing out of the consecutive Italian and Singapore Grands Prix, Lewis Hamilton has vowed a different approach to the remaining races in 2010. Before his terminal crash into Felipe Massa at Monza, and then Mark Webber last Sunday, the ...

After crashing out of the consecutive Italian and Singapore Grands Prix, Lewis Hamilton has vowed a different approach to the remaining races in 2010.

Before his terminal crash into Felipe Massa at Monza, and then Mark Webber last Sunday, the McLaren driver was considered a favourite for the world championship.

But he is now 20 points adrift with four - or three, depending on embattled Korea's fate - races to go.

"I've changed my attitude," he said in an interview with Salzburger Nachrichten newspaper.

"I'm not looking at the world championship any more. I will try to win the next races but above all I want to enjoy my racing," added the Briton.

Hamilton's new attitude may also be explained by the nature of the forthcoming races, with Red Bull and Ferrari expected to set the pace at Suzuka next weekend.

"The types of corners (at Suzuka) will be most favourable to Red Bull," Ferrari test driver Marc Gene wrote in his El Mundo column.

"It wouldn't surprise me to see them better than the rest and very difficult to beat. But we will have improvements so you can't rule us out for the win," added the Spaniard.

While Ferrari has undoubtedly closed the gap to Red Bull, Sebastian Vettel said recently that the Japanese venue was so suitable for the RB6 that it seems John Hugenholtz "made Suzuka for us".

"And all the other tracks should suit our car as well. Korea is the only unknown one, but that's the same for everyone," the German told Bild newspaper.

McLaren's Jenson Button, now the lowest-ranked of the five contenders and 25 points behind leader Webber, said before returning to the UK for simulation tests: "Hopefully Korea goes ahead."

Another concern for Ferrari is engine usage, given that if Fernando Alonso needs to fit another unit before the Abu Dhabi finale, he will take a ten-place grid penalty.

"There is no reason to think too much about it," a Ferrari engineer is quoted by El Pais newspaper.

"In Singapore Fernando used an engine that had already done two races," he explained, adding that the difference between a new and old engine is "not much more" than 2 horse power.

Previous article F1 cost-cutting pact discussed in Singapore
Next article Williams' Michael scoffs at Red Bull engine complaints

Top Comments

Latest news