'No problem' with India GP plans - promoter
Organisers are pressing ahead with plans to bring Formula One to India despite the government declining to give financial support. In August, it was reported that the Indian government refused promoter JPSK's request for $36.5m to be paid to ...
Organisers are pressing ahead with plans to bring Formula One to India despite the government declining to give financial support.
In August, it was reported that the Indian government refused promoter JPSK's request for $36.5m to be paid to Formula One Administration.
F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone then failed to make his scheduled trip to India last month for the laying of the circuit's foundation stone on the outskirts of New Delhi.
But JPSK managing director Sameer Gaur said on Sunday that "there will be no problem whatsoever" with the delivery of an inaugural Indian Grand Prix in 2011.
"It's premature to disclose the details and when time comes, we will share everything.
"The construction work for the race track is in full swing and it will definitely be ready before 2011," he told the Press Trust of India news agency.
And as for Ecclestone's failure to travel to India late last month, Gaur added: "(He) was to come here in October, that is what we also heard. But then he is an extremely busy person."
Share Or Save This Story
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
Top Comments