Red Bull still considering engine switch
Even at the apparent conclusion of the FIA-FOTA war, it seems Red Bull is still on the market for a new Formula One engine supplier for 2010. Earlier this year, the fact that Christian Horner openly mused not signing another customer contract with ...
Even at the apparent conclusion of the FIA-FOTA war, it seems Red Bull is still on the market for a new Formula One engine supplier for 2010.
Earlier this year, the fact that Christian Horner openly mused not signing another customer contract with Renault was believed to be based on speculation that some carmakers may not be on next year's grid.
"Who knows what engine manufacturers are still going to be there in 2010?" the Red Bull boss said in April.
As the FOTA war ended late in June, however, part of the peace agreement was the manufacturers' commitment to F1 at least until the end of 2012.
"So in the past, if somebody was worried, maybe after Honda left or somebody else, not now," Luca di Montezemolo said.
But it seems Red Bull Racing, whose Renault contract runs out this year, is still considering switching to Mercedes power.
Horner told the latest edition of Germany's Auto Bild: "The Mercedes engine is good, but there is no time pressure.
"Brawn demonstrated that it is possible to change engine even at a late stage," the Briton added.
We want your opinion!
What would you like to see on Motorsport.com?
Take our 5 minute survey.- The Motorsport.com Team
Share Or Save This Story
The season is still very long - Rosberg
Jules Bianchi's father speaks of family's continued hopes
Sauber under no illusions about constructors' position
Arrivabene says Ferrari must target Mercedes now
Briatore: Italians 'never talked about Vettel'
Ferrari: Real progress or another false dawn?
Max Verstappen is yet to reach his peak, says former F1 team boss
Karun Chandhok "surprised" by length of Max Verstappen's Red Bull contract
What Max Verstappen’s big deal means for his future, Red Bull and F1
Latest news
Max Verstappen is yet to reach his peak, says former F1 team boss
Karun Chandhok "surprised" by length of Max Verstappen's Red Bull contract
John Hunter Nemechek switches to No. 40 for special anniversary
F1 Dutch GP: Friday schedule, weather forecast and how to watch
Feature
Why the Dutch GP is ending despite F1 wanting Zandvoort to stay
What Max Verstappen’s big deal means for his future, Red Bull and F1
Grading the class of F1 2026 so far
Carlos Sainz and Alex Albon give James Vowles a second chance at Williams
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
You have 2 options:
- Become a subscriber.
- Disable your adblocker.
Top Comments