Another practice problem for Mark Webber
Mark Webber on Saturday morning suffered yet another technical problem in preparation for the Italian Grand Prix. In the final practice session before qualifying, the Australian's Red Bull ground to a halt at Monza – just as it had due to a loss ...
Mark Webber on Saturday morning suffered yet another technical problem in preparation for the Italian Grand Prix.
In the final practice session before qualifying, the Australian's Red Bull ground to a halt at Monza – just as it had due to a loss of water pressure on Friday.
Team boss Christian Horner said the championship challenger had suffered a "complete loss of power", amid suggestions it was an engine problem.
His teammate Sebastian Vettel, who has been on the pace all weekend so far, was once again quick on Saturday morning, mere hundredths behind race favourite Lewis Hamilton's McLaren.
In the presence of their president Luca di Montezemolo, the Ferraris were third and fourth.
The F10s are fitted with fresh engines for qualifying, taking their tallies to the maximum eight units for the season.
"No worries, it is just a strategic decision. If there is a place where a fresh unit can give some help, it is Monza!" said the team on Twitter.
We want your opinion!
What would you like to see on Motorsport.com?
Take our 5 minute survey.- The Motorsport.com Team
Share Or Save This Story
The season is still very long - Rosberg
Jules Bianchi's father speaks of family's continued hopes
Sauber under no illusions about constructors' position
"It's a business" – Lando Norris explains why drivers don't have more say in F1's rules
Lewis Hamilton and Franco Colapinto share “wholesome” moment after Miami GP contact: “Good sportsmanship”
Why some F1 team bosses think drivers shouldn't have a say in the rules
Ollie Bearman admits F2 did not prepare him for brutal reality of Ferrari F1 debut
Rob Smedley sounds alarm on "slightly soul-destroying" Ferrari F1 upgrades
How Ferrari must step up its efforts to end its long F1 championship wait
Latest news
Johann Zarco to wait several weeks before undergoing surgery
MotoGP chief Carlos Ezpeleta defends decision to restart Catalan GP twice
The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties
Honda reveals “important target” for F1 Canadian GP
Feature
The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties
How F1's ADUO system works
How Colton Herta is chasing his F1 dream
How Formula 1 driving has changed – and stayed the same
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
You have 2 options:
- Become a subscriber.
- Disable your adblocker.
Top Comments