Forgotten man Massa is back
Fernando Alonso is "delighted with the fight with Felipe."
Mar.17 (GMM) - Since his 2008 title challenge and near-fatal crash a season later, Felipe Massa has been almost missing in action.
A late resurgence last year enabled him to keep his seat for 2013, but every pundit sees it as the Brazilian's last chance at the wheel of a red car.
He has started 2013 well. No longer with drooping shoulders in the paddock, the 31-year-old told TV Globo in the Melbourne paddock that he is "happy, super-excited".

Photo by: XPB Images
"I'm delighted with the fight with Felipe," Ferrari's undisputed number 1 Fernando Alonso told Spanish television Antena 3 on Saturday.
"We are used to 17-2, now it's 0-1."
He is referring to the earlier Alonso versus Massa qualifying whitewash, and the fact that Massa has turned it all around to become the top Ferrari driver of 2013 so far.
"It is quite different to the Felipe Massa at the beginning last year," agreed Massa.
In Australia to support his Finnish charge Valtteri Bottas, double world champion Mika Hakkinen said on Saturday: "I hope it's a good season for Massa.
"Looking back, it's been difficult for him. He has a very challenging teammate."
We want your opinion!
What would you like to see on Motorsport.com?
Take our 5 minute survey.- The Motorsport.com Team
Share Or Save This Story
The season is still very long - Rosberg
Jules Bianchi's father speaks of family's continued hopes
Sauber under no illusions about constructors' position
Defendant ordered to pay £250,000 legal fees in Felipe Massa F1 title case
Felipe Massa’s F1 2008 lawsuit will proceed to trial
Felipe Massa's £64million legal claim update: Judgement reserved after three-day hearing
Why McLaren thinks Ferrari is quickest in Zandvoort, but may well be stuck
“It’s just nuts” – Lewis Hamilton baffled by Ferrari’s tyre-warming struggle
Why Charles Leclerc’s battle of the brakes has left him trailing Lewis Hamilton
Latest news
Why McLaren thinks Ferrari is quickest in Zandvoort, but may well be stuck
“It’s just nuts” – Lewis Hamilton baffled by Ferrari’s tyre-warming struggle
Why the F1 Dutch GP weekend has been a "wake-up call" for Kimi Antonelli
Yuki Tsunoda: Racing Bulls is “pretty impressed” with my performance so far
Feature
Why Lando Norris was “surprised” to claim Dutch GP pole position
What we learned from the 2026 F1 Dutch GP sprint race and qualifying
Why Williams problems are worse than previously known
The hidden benefit of Max Verstappen’s new F1 deal that Red Bull wants to exploit
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
You have 2 options:
- Become a subscriber.
- Disable your adblocker.
Top Comments