Glock's nightmare form is back
In June, we reported that the highly-rated German was at war with the team's 2012 car -- outpaced by rookie teammate Charles Pic and certain something was fundamentally wrong with his chassis.
Then, the mystery seemed to be solved when a flaw in the rear suspension wishbone mountings were fixed.
At Monaco, he looked back in the game, but more recently the bad form has crept back in.
Marussia even decided to give him an entirely-new chassis for the Hungary weekend, but in Budapest he was outqualified and outraced by the sister car, complaining bitterly about the handling.
"At the moment it's undriveable," Glock is quoted by Germany's Auto Motor und Sport. "We don't know what it is.
"I have oversteer all the time," he explained. "And the wheels are locking constantly."
Glock said the designers and engineers are at a loss.
"It's probably a problem at the rear of the car. But what exactly? We don't know."
He admitted that Marussia's technical collaboration with McLaren has not yet borne any fruit. "I had hoped that we would get closer, but right now it's not the case.
"But at the moment that's not the most important. What is (crucial) is why I'm losing almost a lap to my teammate," said Glock.
We want your opinion!
What would you like to see on Motorsport.com?
Take our 5 minute survey.- The Motorsport.com Team
Share Or Save This Story
The season is still very long - Rosberg
Jules Bianchi's father speaks of family's continued hopes
Sauber under no illusions about constructors' position
DTM curiosity: Did Glock of all people help teammate Ben Dorr to victory?
‘It was a disaster’: Timo Glock eyes turnaround after Dorr McLaren Changes
Timo Glock questions Aston Martin-Honda future after "disastrous" start to 2026
The key to Charles Leclerc overtaking a “quite slow” Lando Norris
"Nowhere near good enough" - McLaren puzzled by Dutch GP sprint struggles
Could McLaren follow Red Bull’s path with its own F1 engine – and should it?
Latest news
The official 2026 NASCAR Truck Chase grid after points reset
Carlos Sainz reveals message to Williams factory after tough 2026 F1 start: "Take it personal"
Pato O’Ward braces for “street fight” after bumpy Freedom 250 practices
Lewis Hamilton rebounds to fifth after Ferrari fixes Friday struggles
Feature
What we learned from the 2026 F1 Dutch GP sprint race and qualifying
Why Williams problems are worse than previously known
The hidden benefit of Max Verstappen’s new F1 deal that Red Bull wants to exploit
The themes to watch for the rest of F1 2026
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
You have 2 options:
- Become a subscriber.
- Disable your adblocker.

Top Comments