Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Johann Zarco to wait several weeks before undergoing surgery

MotoGP
Catalan GP
Johann Zarco to wait several weeks before undergoing surgery

MotoGP chief Carlos Ezpeleta defends decision to restart Catalan GP twice

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
MotoGP chief Carlos Ezpeleta defends decision to restart Catalan GP twice

The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

Feature
Formula 1
Feature
The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

Honda reveals “important target” for F1 Canadian GP

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Honda reveals “important target” for F1 Canadian GP

Francesco Bagnaia fears wrist injury after Johann Zarco crash: “Something’s not quite right”

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
Francesco Bagnaia fears wrist injury after Johann Zarco crash: “Something’s not quite right”

Johann Zarco recounts Barcelona MotoGP crash: "It was absolutely terrifying"

MotoGP
Catalan GP
Johann Zarco recounts Barcelona MotoGP crash: "It was absolutely terrifying"

On this day: Olivier Panis takes only F1 win in chaotic Monaco GP

Formula 1
Monaco GP
On this day: Olivier Panis takes only F1 win in chaotic Monaco GP

Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500
Christian Horner, Red Bull Racing, Sporting Director and Mark Webber, Red Bull Racing

Christian Horner has hinted strongly that Mark Webber will stay with Red Bull in 2012.

Dr Helmut Marko, the energy drink company's motor racing manager, stirred the nest this week when he said that if the Australian leaves the team at the end of the season, Red Bull is likely to promote a Toro Rosso driver.

Christian Horner, Red Bull Racing, Sporting Director and Mark Webber, Red Bull Racing
Christian Horner, Red Bull Racing, Sporting Director and Mark Webber, Red Bull Racing

Photo by: xpb.cc

But Horner, the Milton Keynes based team's British principal, told reporters in Canada that 34-year-old Webber wants to stay in 2012, and Red Bull Racing feels the same way about him.

"Mark has made it clear that he wants to drive next year, and conversations with Mark tend to be quite straightforward," said Horner.

Horner revealed that the conversations will take place later this year, and will involve gauging if Webber still has the right "motivation and desire".

"We believe he does and we're happy to continue," he is quoted as saying by the BBC.

While teammate Sebastian Vettel has roared to a position of dominance so far in 2011, Webber admitted this week that he is struggling with the Pirelli tyres.

Mark has made it clear that he wants to drive next year

Christian Horner

"He has had these issues with the tyres that he is working hard to get on top of," confirmed Horner, "but we are very happy with him in the team."

Germany's Bild said on Thursday that Red Bull looked into signing another driver for 2012, with recent rumours pointing to Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Felipe Massa and Nico Rosberg.

"The problem is that no one wants to go up against Vettel," said the newspaper. "He is just too good."

Previous article Mercedes keeps working with eye on 2012
Next article Bahrain Gives Up On 2011 Grand Prix

Top Comments

Latest news