Skip to main content

Recommended for you

George Russell shares details of summer break proposal to partner Carmen Montero Mundt

Formula 1
Dutch GP
George Russell shares details of summer break proposal to partner Carmen Montero Mundt

“Something needed to change” – What Marcin Budkowski must fix at Cadillac F1

Formula 1
Dutch GP
“Something needed to change” – What Marcin Budkowski must fix at Cadillac F1

President Donald Trump to wave green flag and take 'lap of honor' before D.C. IndyCar race

IndyCar
Washington, D.C.
President Donald Trump to wave green flag and take 'lap of honor' before D.C. IndyCar race

How to watch IndyCar 2026 at Washington D.C.: Weekend schedule, start time, TV

IndyCar
Washington, D.C.
How to watch IndyCar 2026 at Washington D.C.: Weekend schedule, start time, TV

US billionaire Woody Johnson acquires minor Aston Martin F1 stake

Formula 1
Dutch GP
US billionaire Woody Johnson acquires minor Aston Martin F1 stake

Why the Dutch GP is ending despite F1 wanting Zandvoort to stay

Feature
Formula 1
Feature
Dutch GP
Why the Dutch GP is ending despite F1 wanting Zandvoort to stay

Chris Buescher breaks down the messiness that comes with racing against your team owner

NASCAR Cup
Chris Buescher breaks down the messiness that comes with racing against your team owner

Pietro Fittipaldi aiming for Hypercar/GTP seat as he rules out single-seater return

WEC
Pietro Fittipaldi aiming for Hypercar/GTP seat as he rules out single-seater return

Jordan determined to keep racing

Jordan is still trying hard to secure an engine deal for next season but although the situation is very difficult, the team is determined to be on the grid in 2005. The Silverstone based squad was left without an engine deal when Ford decided to ...

Jordan is still trying hard to secure an engine deal for next season but although the situation is very difficult, the team is determined to be on the grid in 2005. The Silverstone based squad was left without an engine deal when Ford decided to withdraw Cosworth from F1 and sell the company, and Jordan is looking for support from within the sport.

"We have appealed to the Formula One community at large," the team's business director Ian Phillips told Reuters. "Ford gave us seven minutes' notice that they were pulling out but we had a perfectly good plan to go racing next year."

"We haven't been able to resolve that situation yet but we believe that Jordan has a role to play and Eddie personally is prepared to be very flexible in achieving the team being on the grid next year. Everybody is aware of our position and one or two companies have indicated that they may be in a position to help."

One suggestion is for Jordan to appeal to the FIA to be allowed to sit out 2005 simply because there is no engine deal to be had. "It's not allowed but obviously if we are in a position to go racing with a race team but there is no engine available to us, then what else can you do? Except wait until there is one available," said Phillips.

However, not racing next year is a very last resort and one that Jordan is not considering just yet. The team, which won last year's Brazilian Grand Prix with Giancarlo Fisichella, is still looking at possibilities to find its way to the grid at Albert Park in four months time.

"Obviously right now we don't have an engine to go racing next year but it is our intention to be on the grid in Melbourne," Phillips commented. "There's lots of things going on behind the scenes, things have got to come together pretty quickly but we think there's a way, and we're going to explore every avenue."

"We're not just going to walk away from this at all. Racing is what we do, we don't do anything else."

Previous article Brazilian GP: Thursday press conference (part 1)
Next article Montoya leads Brazilian GP first practice

Top Comments

Latest news