Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Kevin Harvick on Natalie Decker: "I don't like to see a mockery made out of what our sport is"

NASCAR Truck
Charlotte
Kevin Harvick on Natalie Decker: "I don't like to see a mockery made out of what our sport is"

The milk of choice for every 2026 Indy 500 driver

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
The milk of choice for every 2026 Indy 500 driver

Enter the simulation - How GM tech accelerated Cadillac's F1 entry

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Enter the simulation - How GM tech accelerated Cadillac's F1 entry

NASCAR on Prime trackside coverage to feature several Cup Series legends

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR on Prime trackside coverage to feature several Cup Series legends

WNBA star Caitlin Clark to serve as Grand Marshal for the Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
WNBA star Caitlin Clark to serve as Grand Marshal for the Indy 500

The voices in Mick Schumacher’s head for the Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
The voices in Mick Schumacher’s head for the Indy 500

Cadillac details new F1 upgrade package for Canadian GP

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Cadillac details new F1 upgrade package for Canadian GP

Johann Zarco to wait several weeks before undergoing surgery

MotoGP
Catalan GP
Johann Zarco to wait several weeks before undergoing surgery
Lewis Hamilton, McLaren

Sep.20 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton is no longer talking about his future.

Earlier in Singapore, the Briton drive a McLaren road car for a promotional event, but the team's press officers insisted questions about Hamilton's contract were off-limits.

Lewis Hamilton in Singapore this week.
Lewis Hamilton in Singapore this week.

Photo by: xpb.cc

Then, as the 2008 world champion sat down to talk to the media on Thursday, he started by laying down the rules of engagement.

"I'm not here to speak about anything apart from the weekend," he told the two-dozen journalists.

"I've got no extra news for you so use your time wisely to speak about other things if you can," said Hamilton.

The media muzzle will do little to calm intense speculation the 27-year-old is weighing up a huge monetary offer to switch to Mercedes in 2013.

In the rumoured hot-seat to succeed him is Sergio Perez, but some have found the prospect of a Ferrari-contracted development driver at the wheel of a McLaren in 2013 hard to imagine.

Asked if the Ferrari link is a show-stopper for a hypothetical McLaren switch, the Mexican said on Thursday: "No, not really.

"I am just part of the Ferrari academy, not part of the Ferrari team, so it doesn't affect ... as I said, still a long way to go in the season and I'm fully focused on the next races," added Perez.

Previous article Other drivers 'not very critical' - Grosjean
Next article Singapore GP - Massa: “One lap here is like two in Monaco”

Top Comments

Latest news