Prost hails Vettel's title push
Alain Prost has hailed Sebastian Vettel's ability to rally the full support of his team Red Bull Racing as he continues to push for the 2009 title. After last month's Italian Grand Prix, team owner Dietrich Mateschitz wrote off his drivers' ...
Alain Prost has hailed Sebastian Vettel's ability to rally the full support of his team Red Bull Racing as he continues to push for the 2009 title.
After last month's Italian Grand Prix, team owner Dietrich Mateschitz wrote off his drivers' chances of winning the world championship.
But with a dominant win at Suzuka last Sunday, 22-year-old Vettel moved closer to the lead of the drivers' title than was Kimi Raikkonen at the same point of his championship season in 2007.
"It was already the case last year at Toro Rosso," Prost said on Europe 1 radio. "It is what made the difference (for Vettel) with Sebastien Bourdais, not only the speed on the track."
In the German media, much was made of Vettel's unshaved stubble as he won in Japan, and it is rumoured that the German has promised his mechanics to keep growing the beard until his battle for the title is over.
"Now, this team is really behind him," Prost, the French former four time world champion, added. "A while ago everyone was dejected and saying that the championship was lost, except Vettel who said it was not over and they had to keep fighting.
"In Sao Paulo I see him being very difficult to beat," he added.
Share Or Save This Story
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
Top Comments