Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Motorsports world mourns the unexpected loss of NASCAR legend Kyle Busch

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
Motorsports world mourns the unexpected loss of NASCAR legend Kyle Busch

Oscar Piastri "flattered" by Red Bull F1 interest

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Oscar Piastri "flattered" by Red Bull F1 interest

NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

Fernando Alonso admits Aston Martin driveability gains worth only "half a tenth"

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Fernando Alonso admits Aston Martin driveability gains worth only "half a tenth"

George Russell faces "punch in the gut" warning amid Kimi Antonelli pressure

Formula 1
Canadian GP
George Russell faces "punch in the gut" warning amid Kimi Antonelli pressure

Alexander Rossi cleared to race in Indy 500, says "pain is minimal"

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Alexander Rossi cleared to race in Indy 500, says "pain is minimal"

Max Verstappen: “Very positive” F1 engine changes “definitely” help me stay

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Max Verstappen: “Very positive” F1 engine changes “definitely” help me stay

Lewis Hamilton "shed a tear" over Arsenal's long-awaited Premier League triumph

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lewis Hamilton "shed a tear" over Arsenal's long-awaited Premier League triumph

Renault board meets to discuss F1 commitment

While the world digested Toyota's departure from F1, the French carmaker Renault was considering its own commitment to the sport. The Paris board meeting, attended by the F1 team's chiefs Bob Bell and Jean-Francois Caubet, came amid rumours that ...

While the world digested Toyota's departure from F1, the French carmaker Renault was considering its own commitment to the sport.

The Paris board meeting, attended by the F1 team's chiefs Bob Bell and Jean-Francois Caubet, came amid rumours that Renault might sell its Enstone based outfit but remain on the grid as an engine supplier.

A complete Toyota-like withdrawal is considered unlikely, even in the wake of the crash-gate scandal, given that Robert Kubica has been signed for 2010 and a new engine deal with Red Bull is believed to have been agreed in principle.

"I'd be surprised if they were that active in the market to suddenly just willy-nilly pull out," former team boss and owner and now broadcaster Eddie Jordan told Sky News.

The timing of the meeting also suggests that no dramatic decisions were to be taken, with Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn scheduled to attend a major PR event to champion green technologies on Thursday.

A spokesman said the description of Wednesday's gathering as an "emergency meeting" was wrong, because it had been planned for weeks.

Previous article Ferrari speaks out on Toyota departure
Next article Renault to announce F1 future before new year

Top Comments

Latest news