Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

Lando Norris eyes Le Mans drive as McLaren endurance push heats up

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lando Norris eyes Le Mans drive as McLaren endurance push heats up

Official Coca-Cola 600 entry list released, Katherine Legge locked in

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
Official Coca-Cola 600 entry list released, Katherine Legge locked in

Toto Wolff keeps Mercedes grounded ahead of crucial Canadian GP upgrades

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Toto Wolff keeps Mercedes grounded ahead of crucial Canadian GP upgrades

Kyle Kirkwood “here to win” Indy 500, not think championship

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Kyle Kirkwood “here to win” Indy 500, not think championship

How Alex Palou captured pole for the 110th running of the Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
How Alex Palou captured pole for the 110th running of the Indy 500

Rossi, O'Ward, and Grosjean cars destroyed in huge Indy 500 practice crash

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Rossi, O'Ward, and Grosjean cars destroyed in huge Indy 500 practice crash

Josef Newgarden leads abbreviated Indy 500 practice marred by storms, major wreck

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Josef Newgarden leads abbreviated Indy 500 practice marred by storms, major wreck

Webber not committed to F1 beyond 2011

Mark Webber cannot guarantee he will still be on the Formula One grid in 2012 -- especially if he wins the world championship before then. The sport's current championship leader, and with his four victories the winningest driver so far in 2010, ...

Mark Webber cannot guarantee he will still be on the Formula One grid in 2012 -- especially if he wins the world championship before then.

The sport's current championship leader, and with his four victories the winningest driver so far in 2010, has signed a new deal to stay with Red Bull next year.

But he told Brazil's weekly Esporte Espetacular programme: "I cannot guarantee that my head will be in the same place in 2012.

"For sure I want to go for the championship. I know that it changes people's lives, changes the person and I want to know how it feels," said the 33-year-old Australian.

But Webber also said one of his other goals is to be a mentor to young people who "expect little from their life".

"I want them to realise that they can dream higher and achieve. Maybe I will do a little mountain climbing, who knows.

"Definitely (I will do) some more sporting challenges," he explained, "before I get too old and return to Australia to drink red wine."

Previous article F1 news briefs: Tuesday
Next article Toyota was heading for good season in 2010

Top Comments

Latest news