Medlen resting after delicate craniotomy
MEDLEN HAS CRANIOTOMY; REMAINS IN CRITICAL CONDITION AT SHANDS Gainesville, Fla, Sent by John Force Racing Injured NHRA Funny Car driver Eric Medlen survived a delicate, three-hour craniotomy procedure to relive pressure and hemorrhaging Tuesday ...
MEDLEN HAS CRANIOTOMY; REMAINS IN CRITICAL CONDITION AT SHANDS
Gainesville, Fla,
Sent by John Force Racing
Injured NHRA Funny Car driver Eric Medlen survived a delicate, three-hour craniotomy procedure to relive pressure and hemorrhaging Tuesday evening but remained in critical condition Wednesday at Shands at the University of Florida medical center.
Over the next two weeks, the 33-year-old will remain in a drug-induced coma designed to promote healing.
"We consider ourselves fortunate that Eric is in one of the top hospitals in the world for this type of injury and is getting absolutely the best treatment possible," said John Medlen, Eric's father and crew chief.
"We want to thank Eric's friends, fans, sponsors and the entire NHRA drag racing community for their support in this very difficult time for our family," he said. "We would ask that they continue to remember Eric in their prayers. He's a fighter, but he has a long battle ahead of him."
The elder Medlen also asked, for Eric's sake and the sake of the family, that fans refrain from speculation, especially on the internet, where erroneous information already has been a source of considerable anguish.
Motorsport.com note: We will continue to post the updates from John Force Racing on our front page in order for the true facts on Medlen's condition to be known. The family and team have asked for privacy at this time and we respect that. It is hopeful that others will also. Medlen is not the first driver to sustained a closed head injury or to have this surgery, which has proven successful just within the last year. Like many in the racing world, our thoughts and best wishes are with the Medlen family and the John Force Racing team.
Share Or Save This Story
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
Top Comments