'I'm staying but Mosley's going' - Ecclestone
The boss of F1's commercial rights owners CVC has denied reports the company is considering ousting Bernie Ecclestone as chief executive. Managing partner Donald MacKenzie said a meeting last week to discuss the 78-year-old's position did not take ...
The boss of F1's commercial rights owners CVC has denied reports the company is considering ousting Bernie Ecclestone as chief executive.
Managing partner Donald MacKenzie said a meeting last week to discuss the 78-year-old's position did not take place as reported.
"To suggest that his position is in doubt is incorrect," he insisted.
To the Daily Telegraph, Ecclestone also denied the rumours, insisting they must have originated "from a malicious source".
A source, however, said meetings did take place in London regarding Ecclestone in the middle of last week, also involving lawyers from the FOTA teams. The Telegraph said multiple other sources report the same information.
Instead, Ecclestone insists the sport's long-running political stoush is nearing its end -- probably on Wednesday, when all parties are hoping to sign a Concorde Agreement.
"I'm sure then he (Max Mosley) will take his holiday and not stand for re-election. He would have no reason to stay," said the Briton.
Share Or Save This Story
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
Top Comments