Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Supercars Symmons Plains: Toyota pair Chaz Mostert and Andre Heimgartner share wins

Supercars
Tasmania Super 440
Supercars Symmons Plains: Toyota pair Chaz Mostert and Andre Heimgartner share wins

Austin Dillon's heartfelt letter remembering RCR teammate Kyle Busch

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
Austin Dillon's heartfelt letter remembering RCR teammate Kyle Busch

“This is a serious matter”–why the FIA just fined Racing Bulls €30,000

Formula 1
Canadian GP
“This is a serious matter”–why the FIA just fined Racing Bulls €30,000

Max Verstappen’s feet were “flying off the pedals” as Red Bull explains Montreal struggles

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Max Verstappen’s feet were “flying off the pedals” as Red Bull explains Montreal struggles

NASCAR Truck race at Charlotte postponed by rain after emotional pre-race

NASCAR Truck
Charlotte
NASCAR Truck race at Charlotte postponed by rain after emotional pre-race

Jolyon Palmer explains Canadian GP energy management challenge

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Jolyon Palmer explains Canadian GP energy management challenge

NASCAR CEO: 'Family reunion' every weekend will never be the same without Kyle Busch

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR CEO: 'Family reunion' every weekend will never be the same without Kyle Busch

Lewis Hamilton stuns F1 fans with Ducati superbike arrival at Canadian GP sprint qualifying

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lewis Hamilton stuns F1 fans with Ducati superbike arrival at Canadian GP sprint qualifying
Breaking news

Massa confirms Williams talks

"I am talking with many teams, and Williams is one of them." - Felipe Massa

Felipe Massa, Ferrari F138

Oct.24 (GMM) Felipe Massa on Thursday admitted he is in talks with Williams.

Earlier, a Brazilian website said Massa, 32, has rescued his F1 career with a five-year deal starting in 2014.

The report said the Paulista, who has driven for Ferrari since 2006, will replace Pastor Maldonado.

That would tie in with speculation Massa's move is being powered by the former Williams sponsor Petrobras, a Brazilian oil company, whose branding would clash with Venezuela's PDVSA.

Venezuelan oil company PDVSA, locked in a sports backing corruption scandal but with a lucrative Williams contract until 2015, is reportedly in talks now to exit the deal.

Poised with his Brazilian dollars, then, Massa is waiting.

"It's too early to talk about it," he is quoted by Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.

"I am talking with many teams, and Williams is one of them."

The 'Diario Motorsport' website report earlier on Thursday, however, insisted Massa will not be a 'pay driver'.

The Brazilian driver had exactly the same message in the Buddh paddock on Thursday.

"I do not pay to drive," said Massa. "If a team wants to have me, it's because of my performance and my experience.

"I would never go to a team and say 'I have a sponsor, can I drive for you?'

"First, I want the contract," Massa explained. "Then if a sponsor wants to join, I will help the team, because any extra money for the team will also benefit me."

Previous article Vettel even better than Senna - Ecclestone
Next article Vettel on his way to possible fourth title in India

Top Comments

Latest news