Newey turned down Ferrari approach - reports
By Motorsport.com/GMM
Adrian Newey said no when Ferrari asked if he wanted a job with F1's famous Italian team, according to reports on Thursday.
It emerged recently that Red Bull's highly respected car designer, who has also won titles with Williams and McLaren, had inked a new contract for the next few years.
But the 52-year-old could have moved to Ferrari, an online report by the BBC said.
"Of course, Adrian is one of the best, if not the best, in F1," confirmed Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport.
"We joke a lot about the possibility but I have the impression he is happy in England and that he will stay at Red Bull," he added.
Domenicali's Red Bull counterpart Christian Horner added: "It's understandable why any team in F1 would be interested in Adrian but he is very much enjoying life at Red Bull and I'm sure he'll be here for years to come."
It's understandable why any team in F1 would be interested in Adrian
Newey told F1 Racing magazine earlier this year that the recent Ferrari approach was not a one-off.
"I've had offers from Ferrari in the past and I've considered them seriously. But F1 is a people sport, not a marque sport.
"Working for Ferrari just for the sake of working for Ferrari isn't something that I'm interested in," he said.
"It's flattering if people rate the work I do but that's not why I get out of bed in the morning. I do it because I enjoy the design challenge of F1," added Newey.
Share Or Save This Story
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.

Top Comments