Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Why quirky Montreal will remain F1's true North American gem

Feature
Formula 1
Feature
Canadian GP
Why quirky Montreal will remain F1's true North American gem

Question of the week: Is more overtaking in F1 always better?

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Question of the week: Is more overtaking in F1 always better?

MotoGP considering reducing riders to one bike from 2027

MotoGP
MotoGP considering reducing riders to one bike from 2027

Toyota “nervous” of Hyundai threat ahead of WRC gravel season run

WRC
Rally Japan
Toyota “nervous” of Hyundai threat ahead of WRC gravel season run

1,101 miles of racing at Charlotte? Ross Chastain and Connor Zilisch are attempting it

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
1,101 miles of racing at Charlotte? Ross Chastain and Connor Zilisch are attempting it

Why Ducati has no doubts about Marc Marquez’s future

Feature
MotoGP
Feature
Italian GP
Why Ducati has no doubts about Marc Marquez’s future

Maro Engel clears air on 2025 Max Verstappen spat after “great duel” in Nurburgring 24 hours

Endurance
Maro Engel clears air on 2025 Max Verstappen spat after “great duel” in Nurburgring 24 hours

How will Max Verstappen re-adapt to F1 after Nurburgring 24h adventure?

Formula 1
Canadian GP
How will Max Verstappen re-adapt to F1 after Nurburgring 24h adventure?

Prost's future still unknown

The future of Prost Grand Prix still remains uncertain and the team and fans will more than likely have to wait until the weekend to learn if Prost will be on the grid at Melbourne for the start of the 2002 season. Today was the date set by Prost ...

The future of Prost Grand Prix still remains uncertain and the team and fans will more than likely have to wait until the weekend to learn if Prost will be on the grid at Melbourne for the start of the 2002 season. Today was the date set by Prost for a final decision, but none has been forthcoming.

The team had previously confirmed that a deal had been struck for Ferrari engines in 2002, providing they solve their financial problems - but the matter is as yet unresolved.

With debts thought to be in the area of US$28 million, Prost was put into receivership on 22nd of November 2001 by the court of Versailles. The team was granted until 15th January 2002 to resolve their problems by judiciary administrator Franck Michel. Prost revealed recently that they had submitted a rescue bid but the final verdict will not be clear for a few more days.

"The official receiver has had recently a proposal from a group which would put 46 million euros (US$41.07 million) into the firm to take care of immediate commitments and allow us to start the championship while waiting for new partners," Alain Prost said on Monday. "The proposal is being studied but the official receiver has the power to decide for or against. I remain hopeful...but I am also prepared for the worst."

The offer is believed to have been submitted by a group of industrialists and businessmen and there is no specific date for the receiver to make his decision. "We do not expect a decision or a declaration to come before the weekend, or the beginning of next week." A Prost spokesman said.

Previous article CHAMPCAR/CART: Steve Clark joins McLaren's Formula One team
Next article Barcelona best times January 7 to 11, 2002

Top Comments

Latest news