Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Is Max Verstappen’s Red Bull contract renewal all that surprising? Our writers have their say

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Is Max Verstappen’s Red Bull contract renewal all that surprising? Our writers have their say

Grading the class of F1 2026 so far

Feature
Formula 1
Feature
Grading the class of F1 2026 so far

Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari called out by former F1 driver for "pretty sloppy" errors

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari called out by former F1 driver for "pretty sloppy" errors

Aston Martin begins testing updated Valkyrie hypercar for 2027 WEC and IMSA

WEC
Aston Martin begins testing updated Valkyrie hypercar for 2027 WEC and IMSA

FIA to crack down on team collusion in Formula E from next season

Formula E
London ePrix II
FIA to crack down on team collusion in Formula E from next season

James Hinchcliffe questions "very telling" detail of Toto Wolff's Kimi Antonelli penalty plan

Formula 1
Dutch GP
James Hinchcliffe questions "very telling" detail of Toto Wolff's Kimi Antonelli penalty plan

Max Verstappen commits to Red Bull until end of F1 2030

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Max Verstappen commits to Red Bull until end of F1 2030

Dale Jr. defends Cleetus McFarland's Super Late Model run: 'Yeah he wrecked, so f***ing what?'

NASCAR
Dale Jr. defends Cleetus McFarland's Super Late Model run: 'Yeah he wrecked, so f***ing what?'

Spa worried about Belgian GP future post-2012

Organisers of the historic Belgian Grand Prix are concerned about the future of F1's popular Spa-Francorchamps round beyond 2012. Whilst revealing this week that 40,000 tickets have been sold so far for the forthcoming August 29 event, the ...

Organisers of the historic Belgian Grand Prix are concerned about the future of F1's popular Spa-Francorchamps round beyond 2012.

Whilst revealing this week that 40,000 tickets have been sold so far for the forthcoming August 29 event, the officials said Spa is under increasing pressure from international venues who have more money to spend.

"The ticket sales for this year are relatively good," said spokesman Christian Lahaye.

"We hope to reach the figure of 2007, with 65,000 tickets sold, to allow us to achieve a balanced financial position," he added.

According to the Flemish newspaper De Morgen, Spa's F1 future could depend on the new Concorde Agreement post-2012 expanding the annual calendar to up to 25 races.

With the influx of new international races promising much higher annual promotion fees, the report said Spa-Francorchamps' race organisers are worried.

"There is no shortage of candidates (for Grands Prix)," Spa-Francorchamps circuit boss Andre Maes is quoted by Belga news agency.

"Even France doesn't have a Grand Prix," he said.

Previous article Four rivals for the 2010 F1 title
Next article Ferrari most reliable team in 2010 - report

Top Comments

Latest news