Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

Lando Norris eyes Le Mans drive as McLaren endurance push heats up

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lando Norris eyes Le Mans drive as McLaren endurance push heats up

Official Coca-Cola 600 entry list released, Katherine Legge locked in

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
Official Coca-Cola 600 entry list released, Katherine Legge locked in

Toto Wolff keeps Mercedes grounded ahead of crucial Canadian GP upgrades

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Toto Wolff keeps Mercedes grounded ahead of crucial Canadian GP upgrades

Kyle Kirkwood “here to win” Indy 500, not think championship

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Kyle Kirkwood “here to win” Indy 500, not think championship

How Alex Palou captured pole for the 110th running of the Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
How Alex Palou captured pole for the 110th running of the Indy 500

Rossi, O'Ward, and Grosjean cars destroyed in huge Indy 500 practice crash

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Rossi, O'Ward, and Grosjean cars destroyed in huge Indy 500 practice crash

Josef Newgarden leads abbreviated Indy 500 practice marred by storms, major wreck

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Josef Newgarden leads abbreviated Indy 500 practice marred by storms, major wreck

Stepney denies any wrongdoing

Senior Ferrari man Nigel Stepney has denied that he is guilty of any wrongdoing after the team initiated legal proceedings against him in Italy last week. The Maranello squad has not disclosed exactly what the complaint is; speculation has suggested ...

Senior Ferrari man Nigel Stepney has denied that he is guilty of any wrongdoing after the team initiated legal proceedings against him in Italy last week. The Maranello squad has not disclosed exactly what the complaint is; speculation has suggested sabotage but Ferrari has only said that the action was in regard to Stepney's 'behaviour'.

Apparently a criminal investigation is under way in Italy after a 'white powder' was found near the Ferrari petrol tanks prior to the Monaco GP. Media reports claim Stepney had fled the country and was unreachable but according to the UK's Sunday Times he said he is simply on holiday and Ferrari knows where he is.

"I have confidence I'll be cleared by the legal process that is now taking place," the newspaper quoted Stepney as saying. "It is just part of a dirty tricks campaign and everything is in the hands of my lawyer, so we'll wait and see what happens."

Stepney, previously race and test technical chief, allegedly wasn't happy that he was not offered Ross Brawn's job when the technical director stepped down for a year's sabbatical at the end of the 2006 season. Instead, Stepney moved to a factory role overseeing performance development, although he voiced a desire to take a year off from Ferrari.

Stepney is due back in Italy in early July and his lawyer said he will deal with the complaint bought against him and will likely hold a press conference so he can have his say.

Previous article Massa ends Silverstone test on top
Next article French GP: Honda preview

Top Comments

Latest news