Skip to main content

Recommended for you

NASCAR adjusts hot topic rules for Trucks and O'Reilly Series

NASCAR O'Reilly
Charlotte
NASCAR adjusts hot topic rules for Trucks and O'Reilly Series

'Joy' is the key to NASCAR on Prime's success

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
'Joy' is the key to NASCAR on Prime's success

Team Penske makes another pit crew change for Ryan Blaney

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
Team Penske makes another pit crew change for Ryan Blaney

The first-time winners of NASCAR's grueling Coke 600 and who might be next

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
The first-time winners of NASCAR's grueling Coke 600 and who might be next

Why the BMW M3 Touring was even faster than its sister M4 GT3

Endurance
Why the BMW M3 Touring was even faster than its sister M4 GT3

Why quirky Montreal will remain F1's true North American gem

Feature
Formula 1
Feature
Canadian GP
Why quirky Montreal will remain F1's true North American gem

Question of the week: Is more overtaking in F1 always better?

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Question of the week: Is more overtaking in F1 always better?

MotoGP considering reducing riders to one bike from 2027

MotoGP
MotoGP considering reducing riders to one bike from 2027
Breaking news

Sutil, di Resta moving on after Force India axe

Both Force India's 2013 drivers are without a Formula One ride but Di Resta may move to IndyCar or DTM while Sutil has the best shot with Sauber.

Adrian Sutil, Sahara Force India F1 Team

Dec.13 (GMM) Both of Force India's race drivers this year are now looking for new jobs.

The Silverstone based team is heading into 2014 with Nico Hulkenberg alongside Sergio Perez, ousting both Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta.

Of the axed pair, German Sutil's prospects look the brightest.

He is backed by the German technology company Medion and now strongly linked with one of the best remaining seats on the 2014 grid, at the Swiss team Sauber.

"We will announce the new employer most likely in the coming week," DPA news agency quotes 30-year-old Sutil's manager Manfred Zimmermann as saying on Thursday.

Paul di Resta, Sahara Force India F1
Paul di Resta, Sahara Force India F1

Photo by: XPB Images

Scot Di Resta, on the other hand, is likely to leave Formula One, although he admitted earlier this week that Sauber was a remote possibility.

After the news of Perez's signing broke on Thursday, the 27-year-old di Resta told his 300,000 Twitter followers "it's now time for a new challenge for me in the next phase of my career".

His most likely move is back to the German touring car series with Mercedes, but he has also been linked with the IndyCar seat recently vacated by his cousin Dario Franchitti.

Force India team boss Vijay Mallya defended his decision to oust both di Resta and Sutil.

"Every team needs to move on," he told reporters in London.

"We gave Paul a good stint with us, we gave him the opportunity, he delivered for us. I have nothing against him or Adrian for that matter.

"I consulted my other team members and they all said 'new car, new regulations, let's get a new set of drivers who have got fire in their belly and are really hungry'," added Mallya.

Previous article Sergio Perez joins Sahara Force India with multi-year deal
Next article Perez hopes to impress 'top team' in 2014

Top Comments

Latest news