Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Motorsports world mourns the unexpected loss of NASCAR legend Kyle Busch

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
Motorsports world mourns the unexpected loss of NASCAR legend Kyle Busch

Oscar Piastri "flattered" by Red Bull F1 interest

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Oscar Piastri "flattered" by Red Bull F1 interest

NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

Fernando Alonso admits Aston Martin driveability gains worth only "half a tenth"

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Fernando Alonso admits Aston Martin driveability gains worth only "half a tenth"

George Russell faces "punch in the gut" warning amid Kimi Antonelli pressure

Formula 1
Canadian GP
George Russell faces "punch in the gut" warning amid Kimi Antonelli pressure

Alexander Rossi cleared to race in Indy 500, says "pain is minimal"

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Alexander Rossi cleared to race in Indy 500, says "pain is minimal"

Max Verstappen: “Very positive” F1 engine changes “definitely” help me stay

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Max Verstappen: “Very positive” F1 engine changes “definitely” help me stay

Lewis Hamilton "shed a tear" over Arsenal's long-awaited Premier League triumph

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lewis Hamilton "shed a tear" over Arsenal's long-awaited Premier League triumph

Webber 'regrets' Silverstone comments - Horner

Mark Webber "regrets" comments he made at Silverstone last week, Red Bull team boss Christian Horner said on Tuesday. In the wake of the Silverstone front wing furore, Australian Webber issued a lengthy statement backtracking from suggestions ...

Mark Webber "regrets" comments he made at Silverstone last week, Red Bull team boss Christian Horner said on Tuesday.

In the wake of the Silverstone front wing furore, Australian Webber issued a lengthy statement backtracking from suggestions Sebastian Vettel is the team's preferred driver.

"We spoke together quite early last week," Horner said in an interview with Germany's SID news agency.

"It was good. I think Mark regrets some of the comments he made because they detracted from a great team achievement.

"Mark's performance was first-class, but it was a victory for the team, just as were the ten before it," added the Briton.

Horner revealed that more spare wings will be on hand at Hockenheim this weekend, but insisted that running a different specification on one car was not such an unusual situation in F1.

"Every team in the pitlane takes decisions, whether it's Virgin with their chassis with the bigger fuel tank, the F-duct at Sauber or who at Ferrari was allowed to drive with the new exhaust system in Fiorano," he said.

"You can find a hundred different examples. Unfortunately, with this decision, many emotions came together."

He rejected suggestions that Webber will try to find a way out of his 2011 contract.

"Mark knows the support that he has in this team. And I can't imagine where else he will want to go."

Previous article Renault to hold 2011 talks with Petrov - Boullier
Next article Ferrari wants illegal passing rule change

Top Comments

Latest news