Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Rossi, O'Ward, and Grosjean cars destroyed in huge Indy 500 practice crash

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Rossi, O'Ward, and Grosjean cars destroyed in huge Indy 500 practice crash

Josef Newgarden leads abbreviated Indy 500 practice marred by storms, major wreck

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Josef Newgarden leads abbreviated Indy 500 practice marred by storms, major wreck

Winners and losers from a strange NASCAR All-Star Race at Dover

NASCAR Cup
All-Star Race
Winners and losers from a strange NASCAR All-Star Race at Dover

Lando Norris opens up on McLaren award that transformed his racing career

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lando Norris opens up on McLaren award that transformed his racing career

Pedro Acosta does not believe a MotoGP riders' association is viable: "We are too egocentric"

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
Pedro Acosta does not believe a MotoGP riders' association is viable: "We are too egocentric"

F1 Academy gets Disney merchandise collection for Canadian Grand Prix weekend

F1 Academy
Montreal
F1 Academy gets Disney merchandise collection for Canadian Grand Prix weekend

Rob Smedley slams slow F1 pitwall responses as "unacceptable"

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Rob Smedley slams slow F1 pitwall responses as "unacceptable"

Pedro Acosta fastest as rain curtails Barcelona MotoGP test

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
Pedro Acosta fastest as rain curtails Barcelona MotoGP test

Crisis meetings not constructive - Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone on Saturday threw a spanner in the works, as other F1 stakeholders proclaimed "constructive" talks to pull the sport out of crisis. Half the grid, and possibly even more, are threatening to quit over the rules and governance spat ...

Bernie Ecclestone on Saturday threw a spanner in the works, as other F1 stakeholders proclaimed "constructive" talks to pull the sport out of crisis.

Half the grid, and possibly even more, are threatening to quit over the rules and governance spat with Max Mosley, but many hours of meetings in Monaco sparked signs of cautious optimism.

F1 chief executive Ecclestone, however, who may also be at odds with the teams over the issue of commercial revenue, is clearly still concerned about the precarious situation.

When told that many leading figures had described Friday's key FOTA meeting with FIA president Mosley as constructive, the 78-year-old said: "I would not describe it as constructive.

"There is no agreement yet. Nothing," the Briton is quoted as saying by the News of the World.

McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh's has been a quiet voice so far amid the spat, but he insisted on Saturday that the talks this weekend have indeed been constructive.

But he also shares Ecclestone's unease.

"There are still some fundamental differences as to how we ensure a sustainable way forward for Formula One. We need to do it pretty damn quickly," added Whitmarsh.

Previous article Monaco GP: Red Bull qualifying report
Next article Hamilton 'doing well' in 2009 - Button

Top Comments

Latest news