Skip to main content

Recommended for you

MotoGP’s crash-filled Catalan GP forces several riders out of Barcelona test

MotoGP
Catalan GP
MotoGP’s crash-filled Catalan GP forces several riders out of Barcelona test

What we learned from MotoGP's wretched Catalan GP

Feature
MotoGP
Feature
What we learned from MotoGP's wretched Catalan GP

Mercedes is temporarily banning Kimi Antonelli from the Nurburgring, here’s why

Formula 1
Mercedes is temporarily banning Kimi Antonelli from the Nurburgring, here’s why

Winners and losers from MotoGP’s turbulent Catalan GP

MotoGP
Catalan GP
Winners and losers from MotoGP’s turbulent Catalan GP

How Max Verstappen's Nurburgring adventure marked the next phase of his legacy

Feature
GT
Feature
How Max Verstappen's Nurburgring adventure marked the next phase of his legacy

Red Bull launches $95 Crocs clog with F1 car-inspired design

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Red Bull launches $95 Crocs clog with F1 car-inspired design

Juan Pablo Montoya reveals reluctance before dominant Indy 500 debut in 2000

IndyCar
Indianapolis Road Course
Juan Pablo Montoya reveals reluctance before dominant Indy 500 debut in 2000

IndyCar penalizes Collet and Harvey after Indy 500 inspection failures

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
IndyCar penalizes Collet and Harvey after Indy 500 inspection failures

Ecclestone decides 3pm GP start on India visit

By Motorsport.com/GMM

Bernie Ecclestone has decided that that inaugural Indian Grand Prix this year will start at 3pm in New Delhi.

Charlie Whiting, FIA Safty delegate, Race director & offical starter and Bernie Ecclestone
Charlie Whiting, FIA Safty delegate, Race director & offical starter and Bernie Ecclestone

Photo by: xpb.cc

Earlier, the first race at the newly-named Buddh International Circuit was given a 30 October date, subject to the approval of the track by the FIA.

According to Auto Motor und Sport, Bernie Ecclestone travelled direct from Malaysia last weekend to India, to check out the progress at F1's newest destination before flying on to China.

It is reported he has settled on a 3pm local start-time, ensuring a late morning start for the bulk European television audience.

Qualifying on Saturday will be one hour earlier than that.

Indian motor racing federation president Vicky Chandhok, the father of Lotus reserve driver Karun, rejected rumours the Buddh circuit is running late.

Sure, there is a lot of work to do, but it will happen

Vicky Chandhok

"I have no idea where these reports come from. We're on target. Sure, there is a lot of work to do, but it will happen," he said.

"Charlie Whitng has been out there and he said it reminded him of Korea last year. I said to him that wasn't very promising and he laughed and replied, 'No, Korea three weeks before the flag dropped'! smiled Chandhok.

The final inspection will be at the end of June.

Previous article Interlagos run-off to be ready for 2011 race
Next article Sepang 'fascinating' not confusing - Coulthard

Top Comments

Latest news