Skip to main content

Recommended for you

NASCAR community says there was a difference between 'Rowdy' and Kyle Busch

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR community says there was a difference between 'Rowdy' and Kyle Busch

Coyne to pay special tribute to Kyle Busch with Grosjean's No. 18 Indy 500 entry

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Coyne to pay special tribute to Kyle Busch with Grosjean's No. 18 Indy 500 entry

Max Verstappen: Red Bull didn’t follow my set-up feedback in Canada

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Max Verstappen: Red Bull didn’t follow my set-up feedback in Canada

What we learned from the 2026 F1 Canadian GP sprint race and qualifying

Feature
Formula 1
Feature
Canadian GP
What we learned from the 2026 F1 Canadian GP sprint race and qualifying

Here’s the starting grid for F1’s 2026 Canadian Grand Prix

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Here’s the starting grid for F1’s 2026 Canadian Grand Prix

Ralf Schumacher backs Toto Wolff's handling of Kimi Antonelli and George Russell clash

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Ralf Schumacher backs Toto Wolff's handling of Kimi Antonelli and George Russell clash

Lewis Hamilton reveals touching reason behind his mother's Canadian GP appearance

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lewis Hamilton reveals touching reason behind his mother's Canadian GP appearance

Max Verstappen: "Not doable" to stay in F1 if rules aren't improved for 2027

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Max Verstappen: "Not doable" to stay in F1 if rules aren't improved for 2027

Ferrari changes testing plan after Vettel crash

Ferrari has re-jigged its plan for the final two days of Formula 1 pre-season testing in Barcelona after Sebastian Vettel’s accident on Wednesday morning cost it valuable track time.

The car of Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari SF90 is recovered to the garage shielded by screens

The Italian team has now decided to drop its usual schedule of alternating the drivers between the morning and afternoon sessions, and instead will give Vettel and Charles Leclerc a full day of running each.

Ferrari noted that it “has decided to have its drivers do a complete day each at the wheel, so that the work can progress in a more linear fashion," adding: "Charles will drive tomorrow, before handing over to Sebastian for the final day."

Vettel had a heavy impact with the Tecpro barrier at Turn 3 after an unspecified mechanical failure at the front of the car. The German had run only 40 laps, and while the car was repaired an investigation into the cause of the accident was undertaken.

Read Also:

Leclerc, who was due to drive for the whole of the afternoon session, was only able to undertake an installation lap at the end of the day. The Monagasque driver also had limited mileage on Tuesday morning after some car issues.

Vettel admitted that the lost track time was costly for the team.

“We covered a lot of mileage last week,” said the German. “But surely the plan is always to fulfil your programme so we had more laps on the board than 40 this morning. So for sure it’s not ideal and we’re losing some time.”

He remains optimistic about the progress made so far in testing however, adding: “I think overall we're still strong, the car feels good.

“I think we've been exploring obviously a lot of things since day one and I think the last week has been very productive, also yesterday at least we could recover some of the track time lost in the morning.

"So overall I'm still positive about the car and the feeling inside the car.”

Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari  crash

Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari crash

Photo by: Piotr Naskrent

Previous article Kubica: Time running out for key Williams test work
Next article Perez laments his "really limited" F1 test mileage

Top Comments

Latest news