FIA warns drivers to stop bad language
Nov.9 (GMM) Formula one teams have been instructed to pull their drivers into line, after world champion Sebastian Vettel and former title winner Kimi Raikkonen swore during their post-race podium interviews in Abu Dhabi last weekend.

Photo by: xpb.cc
"I should just remind our audience that he (Vettel) is speaking in his second language," Coulthard said immediately on the podium, "and so we apologise for the choice of words."
But in a letter to team bosses, the FIA's communications head Norman Howell said it is now their "responsibility to make sure drivers are aware such language has no place during media events".
Howell said the letter was just a "friendly" reminder, but that incidents in the future could lead to disciplinary action, according to a report by the BBC.
We want your opinion!
What would you like to see on Motorsport.com?
Take our 5 minute survey.- The Motorsport.com Team
Share Or Save This Story
The season is still very long - Rosberg
Jules Bianchi's father speaks of family's continued hopes
Sauber under no illusions about constructors' position
Who belongs on F1's Mount Rushmore? Pick your four greatest drivers
Where will Kevin Magnussen rank among the Project 91 NASCAR drivers?
Kimi Raikkonen goes viral with blunt two-word response to throwback F1 post
Max Verstappen is yet to reach his peak, says former F1 team boss
Karun Chandhok "surprised" by length of Max Verstappen's Red Bull contract
What Max Verstappen’s big deal means for his future, Red Bull and F1
Latest news
Max Verstappen is yet to reach his peak, says former F1 team boss
Karun Chandhok "surprised" by length of Max Verstappen's Red Bull contract
John Hunter Nemechek switches to No. 40 for special anniversary
F1 Dutch GP: Friday schedule, weather forecast and how to watch
Feature
Why the Dutch GP is ending despite F1 wanting Zandvoort to stay
What Max Verstappen’s big deal means for his future, Red Bull and F1
Grading the class of F1 2026 so far
Carlos Sainz and Alex Albon give James Vowles a second chance at Williams
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
You have 2 options:
- Become a subscriber.
- Disable your adblocker.
Top Comments