Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

Lando Norris eyes Le Mans drive as McLaren endurance push heats up

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lando Norris eyes Le Mans drive as McLaren endurance push heats up

Official Coca-Cola 600 entry list released, Katherine Legge locked in

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
Official Coca-Cola 600 entry list released, Katherine Legge locked in

Toto Wolff keeps Mercedes grounded ahead of crucial Canadian GP upgrades

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Toto Wolff keeps Mercedes grounded ahead of crucial Canadian GP upgrades

Kyle Kirkwood “here to win” Indy 500, not think championship

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Kyle Kirkwood “here to win” Indy 500, not think championship

How Alex Palou captured pole for the 110th running of the Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
How Alex Palou captured pole for the 110th running of the Indy 500

Rossi, O'Ward, and Grosjean cars destroyed in huge Indy 500 practice crash

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Rossi, O'Ward, and Grosjean cars destroyed in huge Indy 500 practice crash

Josef Newgarden leads abbreviated Indy 500 practice marred by storms, major wreck

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Josef Newgarden leads abbreviated Indy 500 practice marred by storms, major wreck

Mateschitz plays down Raikkonen return rumours

Red Bull mogul Dietrich Mateschitz on Monday played down rumours Kimi Raikkonen could return to F1 with the brand's premier team next year. After ending his contract with Ferrari last year, 2007 world champion Raikkonen elected to switch to the ...

Red Bull mogul Dietrich Mateschitz on Monday played down rumours Kimi Raikkonen could return to F1 with the brand's premier team next year.

After ending his contract with Ferrari last year, 2007 world champion Raikkonen elected to switch to the world rally championship with Citroen, but is now sponsored and paid by Red Bull.

It sparked reports that the Finn could be drafted in to become Sebastian Vettel's teammate in 2011.

"This is pure speculation, nothing more," Mateschitz, the owner of both Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso, told the Austrian newspaper Salzburger Nachrichten.

"We do not know what Kimi wants and will do in a year. We have a close relationship and this opens up speculation," the Austrian billionaire, who is 65, said.

"But to say that Raikkonen drives in F1 for us in 2011 is dishonest."

The reports have suggested that, should 18-GP winner Raikkonen return to F1 with Red Bull, it would be the Australian Webber - who is out of contract at the end of this year - who would make way.

Mateschitz said: "If Webber is fast and sufficiently motivated, we cannot thank him for top performance by giving Raikkonen his cockpit."

Previous article Mercedes GP Barcelona test notes day four
Next article Ferrari news 2010-03-01

Top Comments

Latest news