Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Lando Norris: I hope Mercedes gets a double disqualification in Las Vegas and forgets to pit in Qatar

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Lando Norris: I hope Mercedes gets a double disqualification in Las Vegas and forgets to pit in Qatar

Why McLaren thinks Ferrari is quickest in Zandvoort, but may well be stuck

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why McLaren thinks Ferrari is quickest in Zandvoort, but may well be stuck

“It’s just nuts” – Lewis Hamilton baffled by Ferrari’s tyre-warming struggle

Formula 1
Dutch GP
“It’s just nuts” – Lewis Hamilton baffled by Ferrari’s tyre-warming struggle

Why the F1 Dutch GP weekend has been a "wake-up call" for Kimi Antonelli

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why the F1 Dutch GP weekend has been a "wake-up call" for Kimi Antonelli

Yuki Tsunoda: Racing Bulls is “pretty impressed” with my performance so far

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Yuki Tsunoda: Racing Bulls is “pretty impressed” with my performance so far

Why Lando Norris was “surprised” to claim Dutch GP pole position

Feature
Formula 1
Feature
Dutch GP
Why Lando Norris was “surprised” to claim Dutch GP pole position

Toto Wolff jokes about Max Verstappen's Red Bull deal: Mercedes has him for the most important races

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Toto Wolff jokes about Max Verstappen's Red Bull deal: Mercedes has him for the most important races

Supercars Ipswich: Broc Feeney secures unlikely Sprint Cup title after second weekend win

Supercars
Ipswich Super 440
Supercars Ipswich: Broc Feeney secures unlikely Sprint Cup title after second weekend win
Breaking news

Raikkonen not ruling out Ferrari return - manager

Robertson will continue talks with Ferrari until they confirm their seats.

Kimi Raikkonen, Scuderia Ferrari

Aug.20 (GMM) Kimi Raikkonen's manager is not ruling out a return to Ferrari for the 2007 world champion.

On Monday, Steve Robertson admitted talks with Red Bull about Raikkonen replacing the Le Mans-bound Mark Webber had been "unsuccessful".

But the 33-year-old Finn, who currently drives for Lotus, has also been linked with a return to Ferrari, despite the Italian team having replaced him with Fernando Alonso with a year to run on his contract at the end of 2009.

Asked if Ferrari is an option, manager Robertson told the BBC: "Until they confirm their seats, my job is to speak to all the teams and see what's available."

Robertson also told Brazil's O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper on Monday that Raikkonen has more than one alternative to Lotus for 2014.

"I'm not worried," he said, "because we have other options -- plural."

Brazilian correspondent Livio Oricchio said Red Bull's Christian Horner and Christian Horner pushed hard to sign Raikkonen, but Dr Helmut Marko ultimately got his way.

Marko reportedly convinced team owner Dietrich Mateschitz that Red Bull should take young Australian Daniel Ricciardo, because it better balances the lineup alongside the likely reigning quadruple world champion Sebastian Vettel.

Ricciardo's signing also proves the worth of the Red Bull junior team Toro Rosso, and gives the next rising youngster, Antonio Felix da Costa, his 2014 debut.

Meanwhile, a post on Twitter by Ferrari's Fernando Alonso might be seen as a return of fire, after Luca di Montezemolo publicly criticised the Spaniard's outbursts in the wake of the recent Hungarian Grand Prix.

Reverting to the wisdom of the Samurai, Alonso said: "The warrior that uses the sword when insulted cannot be considered brave.

"Brave man does not flinch, because he has higher goals."

Previous article Pirelli confirms 2014 tyre size not changing
Next article Force India on Grand Prix of Belgium

Top Comments

Latest news