Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Honda reveals “important target” for F1 Canadian GP

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Honda reveals “important target” for F1 Canadian GP

Francesco Bagnaia fears wrist injury after Johann Zarco crash: “Something’s not quite right”

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
Francesco Bagnaia fears wrist injury after Johann Zarco crash: “Something’s not quite right”

Johann Zarco recounts Barcelona MotoGP crash: "It was absolutely terrifying"

MotoGP
Catalan GP
Johann Zarco recounts Barcelona MotoGP crash: "It was absolutely terrifying"

On this day: Olivier Panis takes only F1 win in chaotic Monaco GP

Formula 1
Monaco GP
On this day: Olivier Panis takes only F1 win in chaotic Monaco GP

Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

Lando Norris eyes Le Mans drive as McLaren endurance push heats up

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lando Norris eyes Le Mans drive as McLaren endurance push heats up

Official Coca-Cola 600 entry list released, Katherine Legge locked in

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
Official Coca-Cola 600 entry list released, Katherine Legge locked in

Toto Wolff keeps Mercedes grounded ahead of crucial Canadian GP upgrades

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Toto Wolff keeps Mercedes grounded ahead of crucial Canadian GP upgrades

Title sponsor ING axes Renault backing

Renault's title sponsor ING late on Thursday said it has terminated its contract with the French team "with immediate effect". Mere hours after Spanish insurance backer Mutua Madrilena pulled its logos from the R29 for the same reason, the Dutch ...

Renault's title sponsor ING late on Thursday said it has terminated its contract with the French team "with immediate effect".

Mere hours after Spanish insurance backer Mutua Madrilena pulled its logos from the R29 for the same reason, the Dutch bank ING said it has also decided to end its association with Renault because of the crashgate scandal.

It is believed that both sponsors cite a clear and serious breach of contract, due to clauses requiring the Enstone based team to comply with FIA rules and regulations.

"ING is deeply disappointed at this turn of events, especially in the context of an otherwise successful sponsorship," a media statement issued late on Thursday read.

The statement went out to the world's media in the dead of the Singapore night, after team mechanics had throughout Thursday worked on the fully ING-branded cars in the pits of the Asian city-state's street circuit.

All team equipment as well as personnel and driver apparel also carried prominent ING branding as per usual on Thursday, the day before official practice for the weekend's Singapore Grand Prix begins.

Like Mutua Madrilena, ING had previously decided not to stay in Formula One beyond 2009.

Previous article Night scene on Singapore city streets
Next article Campos Meta getting ready for 2010 season

Top Comments

Latest news