Ferrari and Sauber engine problems not related
A cursory look back at the opening three races of 2010 would seem to indicate a major engine reliability problem for Ferrari. As well as his gearbox glitch during Sunday's race, former championship leader Fernando Alonso retired in Malaysia with a ...
A cursory look back at the opening three races of 2010 would seem to indicate a major engine reliability problem for Ferrari.
As well as his gearbox glitch during Sunday's race, former championship leader Fernando Alonso retired in Malaysia with a spectacular engine failure.
Both Ferrari drivers also had to change engines in Australia, and before he even got to the grid in Malaysia, Pedro de la Rosa's Ferrari-powered Sauber stopped at the side of the track.
The sister C29 of Kamui Kobayashi also retired in Malaysia with an engine failure. Both Ferrari units had been fitted new on Saturday.
But it has emerged that Sauber and Alonso's engine problems on Sunday were not related. The Swiss team said the fault was actually caused by the car's pneumatic system, while Alonso's problem was a sudden engine failure.
"In this regard, we believe we have the situation with the engines under control," said Ferrari's Stefano Domenicali.
We want your opinion!
What would you like to see on Motorsport.com?
Take our 5 minute survey.- The Motorsport.com Team
Share Or Save This Story
The season is still very long - Rosberg
Jules Bianchi's father speaks of family's continued hopes
Sauber under no illusions about constructors' position
Aston Martin, Honda provide update on F1 power unit progress
Fernando Alonso takes delivery of $12million hypercar with matching baby seat
Aston Martin's plans for F1 2026 after upgrade-free Miami
Ollie Bearman admits F2 did not prepare him for brutal reality of Ferrari F1 debut
Rob Smedley sounds alarm on "slightly soul-destroying" Ferrari F1 upgrades
Why some F1 team bosses think drivers shouldn't have a say in the rules
Latest news
Rookie Dennis Hauger and overcoming the uncomfortable feeling ahead of first Indy 500
NASCAR Hall of Fame Class of 2027 unveiled
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a largely throwback All Star Race idea
Kevin Harvick on Natalie Decker: "I don't like to see a mockery made out of what our sport is"
Feature
The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties
How F1's ADUO system works
How Colton Herta is chasing his F1 dream
How Formula 1 driving has changed – and stayed the same
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
You have 2 options:
- Become a subscriber.
- Disable your adblocker.
Top Comments