Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Why the F1 Dutch GP weekend has been a "wake-up call" for Kimi Antonelli

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why the F1 Dutch GP weekend has been a "wake-up call" for Kimi Antonelli

Yuki Tsunoda: Racing Bulls is “pretty impressed” with my performance so far

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Yuki Tsunoda: Racing Bulls is “pretty impressed” with my performance so far

Why Lando Norris was “surprised” to claim Dutch GP pole position

Feature
Formula 1
Feature
Dutch GP
Why Lando Norris was “surprised” to claim Dutch GP pole position

Toto Wolff jokes about Max Verstappen's Red Bull deal: Mercedes has him for the most important races

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Toto Wolff jokes about Max Verstappen's Red Bull deal: Mercedes has him for the most important races

Supercars Ipswich: Broc Feeney secures unlikely Sprint Cup title after second weekend win

Supercars
Ipswich Super 440
Supercars Ipswich: Broc Feeney secures unlikely Sprint Cup title after second weekend win

Kyle Busch Remembered: Breaking records and bumping the pace car at New Hampshire

NASCAR Cup
New Hampshire
Kyle Busch Remembered: Breaking records and bumping the pace car at New Hampshire

Ryan Preece needs a home run to make NASCAR Chase

NASCAR Cup
New Hampshire
Ryan Preece needs a home run to make NASCAR Chase

Christian Rasmussen storms to career-best fourth in Washington IndyCar qualifying

IndyCar
Washington, D.C.
Christian Rasmussen storms to career-best fourth in Washington IndyCar qualifying

Friday could see Lotus naming dispute solution

This Friday has been marked out as a likely turning-point in the Lotus naming dispute. Finland's Turun Sanomat reports that November 19 could see a settlement in the dispute, with Tony Fernandes' team wanting to keep its name but the separate ...

This Friday has been marked out as a likely turning-point in the Lotus naming dispute.

Finland's Turun Sanomat reports that November 19 could see a settlement in the dispute, with Tony Fernandes' team wanting to keep its name but the separate Group Lotus looking to enter F1 with a Renault collaboration next year.

Indeed, it is believed that Proton-owned Group Lotus is scheduling an official announcement about its F1 project for 2011 this week.

At the same time, Fernandes is hinting that a decision has been made about how his team should proceed. "(Shareholders) Nasa, Din and myself know what to do. We are the people's team," he wrote on Twitter.

It seems likely that the matter will not become a messy court battle.

"What we don't want to be involved in is destroying the Lotus name," Fernandes is quoted by Reuters.

"We feel that we've done justice to the Lotus name. We want to keep it. We feel it's ours. But we are also pragmatic human beings," he said.

And the team's technical boss Mike Gascoyne told Turun Sanomat: "I don't know what the name will be in the future, but that's not the important thing.

"I'm proud of the team and we've proved this year how strong we are. And at least one thing can never be taken away from us -- we brought Lotus back to F1," he said.

Previous article Ricciardo leads the way in first young driver test
Next article Champion Vettel happy without a manager

Top Comments

Latest news