Red Bull expects difficult weekend in Canada
By: GMM
Red Bull's rivals see Canada as an opportunity to end the winning streak.
Sebastian Vettel, who has won the last three Grands Prix on the trot and also two of the other three races so far in 2011, admitted to Sport Bild on Thursday that the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is "not our track".
"This will be one of our most difficult weekends," he said.
McLaren is usually strong in Montreal and Red Bull also bungled the strategy a year ago.
"I think we have learned our lesson," said German Vettel, but his teammate Mark Webber is also concerned the RB7 might not get a chance to shine so brightly this weekend.
"There are only slow corners, many straight lines, and we drive with less downforce than usual," said the Australian, explaining why Red Bull could be weaker in Canada.
This will be one of our most difficult weekends
Sebastian Vettel
"The straights are not ideal for us, but there are also places where we will be good," predicted Webber.
Ferrari's Fernando Alonso says it is too early for the Italian team to think about beating Red Bull on merit, but he is watching the weather forecasts for this weekend with close interest.
"I would have no problem with rain," said the Spaniard. "Anything that deviates from the norm can only improve our situation."
We want your opinion!
What would you like to see on Motorsport.com?
Take our 5 minute survey.- The Motorsport.com Team
Share Or Save This Story
The season is still very long - Rosberg
Jules Bianchi's father speaks of family's continued hopes
Sauber under no illusions about constructors' position
Aston Martin, Honda provide update on F1 power unit progress
Fernando Alonso takes delivery of $12million hypercar with matching baby seat
Aston Martin's plans for F1 2026 after upgrade-free Miami
Ollie Bearman admits F2 did not prepare him for brutal reality of Ferrari F1 debut
Rob Smedley sounds alarm on "slightly soul-destroying" Ferrari F1 upgrades
Why some F1 team bosses think drivers shouldn't have a say in the rules
Latest news
Johann Zarco to wait several weeks before undergoing surgery
MotoGP chief Carlos Ezpeleta defends decision to restart Catalan GP twice
The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties
Honda reveals “important target” for F1 Canadian GP
Feature
The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties
How F1's ADUO system works
How Colton Herta is chasing his F1 dream
How Formula 1 driving has changed – and stayed the same
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
You have 2 options:
- Become a subscriber.
- Disable your adblocker.

Top Comments