Skip to main content

Recommended for you

MotoGP chief Carlos Ezpeleta defends decision to restart Catalan GP twice

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
MotoGP chief Carlos Ezpeleta defends decision to restart Catalan GP twice

The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

Feature
Formula 1
Feature
The F1 power unit formula solution that could suit all parties

Honda reveals “important target” for F1 Canadian GP

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Honda reveals “important target” for F1 Canadian GP

Francesco Bagnaia fears wrist injury after Johann Zarco crash: “Something’s not quite right”

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
Francesco Bagnaia fears wrist injury after Johann Zarco crash: “Something’s not quite right”

Johann Zarco recounts Barcelona MotoGP crash: "It was absolutely terrifying"

MotoGP
Catalan GP
Johann Zarco recounts Barcelona MotoGP crash: "It was absolutely terrifying"

On this day: Olivier Panis takes only F1 win in chaotic Monaco GP

Formula 1
Monaco GP
On this day: Olivier Panis takes only F1 win in chaotic Monaco GP

Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

Lando Norris eyes Le Mans drive as McLaren endurance push heats up

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lando Norris eyes Le Mans drive as McLaren endurance push heats up

Button/Brawn dispute nearing end - manager

Jenson Button's dispute with Brawn is nearing its end, the new world champion's manager Richard Goddard has revealed. The 29-year-old Briton is said to be unwilling to take the number 1 to the team's 2010 car in the absence of a substantial pay ...

Jenson Button's dispute with Brawn is nearing its end, the new world champion's manager Richard Goddard has revealed.

The 29-year-old Briton is said to be unwilling to take the number 1 to the team's 2010 car in the absence of a substantial pay increase, having agreed to slash his retainer amid the management buyout last winter.

Reports of the disagreement had reportedly fuelled McLaren's interest in signing Button, but Goddard told the Mail on Sunday newspaper that he now expects a deal with Brawn to be reached within weeks.

"I understand the team are about to make us an offer and, as previously

stated, Jenson wants to stay with Brawn," he said.

The newspaper added that the offer is "close to" the amount Button is seeking: 8m pounds sterling.

Team boss Ross Brawn agrees that Button deserves a pay-rise.

"(His current) contract is not the salary of a world champion, not the salary of a team that is in a much stronger position than it was 10 months ago," he told BBC radio's Sportweek programme.

Asked if he is 100 per cent sure Button will be driving next year's Brawn, he added: "You're never 100 per cent, but I'd say 99 per cent."

Brawn said he aims to have the situation clarified by mid November.

Previous article Ecclestone slams Brawn amid Button dispute
Next article Silverstone can sign GP deal on Tuesday - Ecclestone

Top Comments

Latest news