Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Here’s the starting grid for F1’s 2026 Canadian Grand Prix sprint race

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Here’s the starting grid for F1’s 2026 Canadian Grand Prix sprint race

F1 Canadian GP: George Russell defeats Kimi Antonelli to Canada F1 sprint pole

Formula 1
Canadian GP
F1 Canadian GP: George Russell defeats Kimi Antonelli to Canada F1 sprint pole

George Russell must 'stop Kimi Antonelli in his tracks' at Canadian GP, says Martin Brundle

Formula 1
Canadian GP
George Russell must 'stop Kimi Antonelli in his tracks' at Canadian GP, says Martin Brundle

McLaren told to "take risks" after Mercedes' strong Miami strategy

Formula 1
Canadian GP
McLaren told to "take risks" after Mercedes' strong Miami strategy

Red Bull F1 team boss: "No intention behind" Jos Verstappen and Toto Wolff public meeting

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Red Bull F1 team boss: "No intention behind" Jos Verstappen and Toto Wolff public meeting

Fernando Alonso explains Canadian GP sprint qualifying crash

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Fernando Alonso explains Canadian GP sprint qualifying crash

Alex Albon to miss Canadian GP sprint qualifying as James Vowles reveals extent of crash damage

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Alex Albon to miss Canadian GP sprint qualifying as James Vowles reveals extent of crash damage

F1 Canadian GP sign error supports Jonathan Wheatley to Aston Martin discussion

Formula 1
Canadian GP
F1 Canadian GP sign error supports Jonathan Wheatley to Aston Martin discussion

Mosley enforces team orders warning

FIA president Max Mosley has reminded everyone that team orders are banned and said anyone even thought to be using the outlawed tactics will be in trouble. The blatant use of team orders, such as Ferrari in Austria last year, is the main illegality ...

FIA president Max Mosley has reminded everyone that team orders are banned and said anyone even thought to be using the outlawed tactics will be in trouble. The blatant use of team orders, such as Ferrari in Austria last year, is the main illegality but Mosley said everything that happens on track will carefully watched.

"Any evidence of team orders will be put in front of stewards, and I mean any evidence," he said. "The wording of the regulation made in October last year was done with the agreement of the teams. This has not changed and will be strictly applied."

"They have already approved a hard line on team orders and the FIA is determined to see it through for the good of the sport. It's not just a case of reacting to the blatant use of team orders, we will be looking at everything."

"The FIA stewards can draw inferences from circumstances and take whatever action they think is necessary. We do not want the teams to have any illusions about where we stand on this. There have been comments from teams that this is not a black-and-white issue, but everyone knows when they have crossed the line as far as team orders are concerned."

Williams, Ferrari and McLaren will have to be careful in the final two races, as one each of their drivers are currently championship contenders and one is not. Naturally there is also the Constructors' title to be considered, so teamwork will be important. Let's hope it's a clean fight with no accusing fingers being pointed, whether justified or not.

Previous article 2003 title would be special for Brawn
Next article US GP: Thursday press conference

Top Comments

Latest news