Ogier convinced of Citroen's potential after comeback test
Sebastien Ogier says he can see potential with the Citroen C3 WRC after his first two days testing the car he will drive in next year’s World Rally Championship.
The Frenchman, who has departed M-Sport after back-to-back drivers’ titles, drove the Citroen on a gravel development test in the Algarve area of southern Portugal.
Thursday and Friday were Ogier’s first miles of any significance in the car. He first drove a C3 – with M-Sport team principal Malcolm Wilson’s blessing – in France in September.
Six-time champion Ogier said: “It’s an interesting challenge and I really think there’s potential, with the equipment here to write a nice story.
“But that’s not something that you can do on your own.
“This is just the first day, so from here on it’s going to be important to quickly see what works and what works less well to try to feel as well prepared as possible from Monte-Carlo.”
Ogier will test the Citroen for a further two days in the French Alps later this month, as he prepares himself for next month’s season opener, the Monte Carlo Rally.
Ogier said his two days in Portugal had been key to assessing which areas of the car needed immediate focus.
“[This is] an important test focussing on dampers, which are obviously key in rallying," Ogier said.
"So we’re straight into one of the most important aspects to check and take decisions about, which will have an influence on the future.
“There are of course lots of areas for us on the car to look at and this will take a bit of time: differential, for example, but again but my initial feeling is not too bad and I’m sure we’ll find the right solutions quite quickly.”
We want your opinion!
What would you like to see on Motorsport.com?
Take our 5 minute survey.- The Motorsport.com Team
Share Or Save This Story
How the much-missed Richard Burns scaled the WRC mountain
M-Sport pins hopes on major mid-2020 engine upgrade
Hanninen to co-drive for Latvala in Sweden
'I saw him lie down and pass out' - Julien Ingrassia recounts shocking WRC Finland crash with Sebastien Ogier
How Sebastien Ogier’s scary crash opened up Finnish WRC history for Sami Pajari
Sebastien Ogier plans to contest all remaining WRC rounds in bid for 10th title
Citroen reveals new-look 2025 WRC line-up
Ostberg gets full WRC2 season with Citroen
Citroen open to making WRC car available to privateers
Latest news
Isack Hadjar could miss F1 Dutch GP with Red Bull replacement plan already in place
Man charged with burglarizing Greg Biffle's home after fatal plane crash, investigation ongoing
Connor Zilisch couldn’t say ‘no’ to a Cup ride at Hendrick Motorsports
Kyle Larson shares his favorite Kyle Busch memory
Feature
How many manufacturers will take the Rally2 option in 2027?
What the WRC “deal of the century” means for Hyundai and M-Sport
How Sebastien Ogier’s scary crash opened up Finnish WRC history for Sami Pajari
Is the 2026 WRC title fight the most unpredictable in a generation?
Subscribe and access Motorsport.com with your ad-blocker.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP we report straight from the paddock because we love our sport, just like you. In order to keep delivering our expert journalism, our website uses advertising. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker.
You have 2 options:
- Become a subscriber.
- Disable your adblocker.
Top Comments