Skip to main content

Recommended for you

Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Alexander Rossi suffered minor injuries to finger and ankle, still aims to race Indy 500

Lando Norris eyes Le Mans drive as McLaren endurance push heats up

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lando Norris eyes Le Mans drive as McLaren endurance push heats up

Official Coca-Cola 600 entry list released, Katherine Legge locked in

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
Official Coca-Cola 600 entry list released, Katherine Legge locked in

Toto Wolff keeps Mercedes grounded ahead of crucial Canadian GP upgrades

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Toto Wolff keeps Mercedes grounded ahead of crucial Canadian GP upgrades

Kyle Kirkwood “here to win” Indy 500, not think championship

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Kyle Kirkwood “here to win” Indy 500, not think championship

How Alex Palou captured pole for the 110th running of the Indy 500

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
How Alex Palou captured pole for the 110th running of the Indy 500

Rossi, O'Ward, and Grosjean cars destroyed in huge Indy 500 practice crash

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Rossi, O'Ward, and Grosjean cars destroyed in huge Indy 500 practice crash

Josef Newgarden leads abbreviated Indy 500 practice marred by storms, major wreck

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Josef Newgarden leads abbreviated Indy 500 practice marred by storms, major wreck

De la Rosa plays down tyre performance reports

Pedro de la Rosa has backed his boss in playing down reports the 2010 Sauber car could be set to be a dark horse in 2010. Although often impressive in the February tests, it was previously not thought the Ferrari-powered C29 would be good enough ...

Pedro de la Rosa has backed his boss in playing down reports the 2010 Sauber car could be set to be a dark horse in 2010.

Although often impressive in the February tests, it was previously not thought the Ferrari-powered C29 would be good enough to trouble the top four teams this year.

But a Bridgestone official said earlier this week that the Sauber has proved better than all its rivals in terms of looking after its tyres on long runs, which given the refuelling ban could prove a significant strategic advantage.

Team boss and founder Peter Sauber said: "I've said it many times: interpreting the results of testing is like reading tea leaves. After all these years I have become quite cautious."

Speaking with reporters at the Sakhir circuit on Thursday, the team's Spanish driver de la Rosa agreed.

"I don't think that the tyre information is that relevant because we come from winter testing where the track temperatures were very low and now we come to reality.

"The way the teams use the tyres will change dramatically from how it was in Barcelona," the 39-year-old added.

More strident in Bahrain was Nico Rosberg, who is reported to have an even better grasp of Mercedes' new W01 than his seven time world champion teammate Michael Schumacher.

"I feel very, very comfortable in the car, very confident," the 24-year-old German said in a morning press briefing in the island Kingdom.

Previous article Rome vows to find GP 'agreement' with Monza
Next article Ron Dennis in Bahrain pits

Top Comments

Latest news