Skip to main content

Recommended for you

NASCAR Truck race at Charlotte postponed by rain after emotional pre-race

NASCAR Truck
Charlotte
NASCAR Truck race at Charlotte postponed by rain after emotional pre-race

Jolyon Palmer explains Canadian GP energy management challenge

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Jolyon Palmer explains Canadian GP energy management challenge

NASCAR CEO: 'Family reunion' every weekend will never be the same without Kyle Busch

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR CEO: 'Family reunion' every weekend will never be the same without Kyle Busch

Lewis Hamilton stuns F1 fans with Ducati superbike arrival at Canadian GP sprint qualifying

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lewis Hamilton stuns F1 fans with Ducati superbike arrival at Canadian GP sprint qualifying

Here’s the starting grid for F1’s 2026 Canadian Grand Prix sprint race

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Here’s the starting grid for F1’s 2026 Canadian Grand Prix sprint race

F1 Canadian GP: George Russell defeats Kimi Antonelli to Canada F1 sprint pole

Formula 1
Canadian GP
F1 Canadian GP: George Russell defeats Kimi Antonelli to Canada F1 sprint pole

George Russell must 'stop Kimi Antonelli in his tracks' at Canadian GP, says Martin Brundle

Formula 1
Canadian GP
George Russell must 'stop Kimi Antonelli in his tracks' at Canadian GP, says Martin Brundle

McLaren told to "take risks" after Mercedes' strong Miami strategy

Formula 1
Canadian GP
McLaren told to "take risks" after Mercedes' strong Miami strategy

Brawn 'optimistic' after F1 crisis talks

Ross Brawn confirmed a growing feeling in the F1 paddock that the current political crisis is moving closer to a solution at Monaco. Seven hours of intensive meetings took place in the Principality on 'free day' Friday, and more of the same are ...

Ross Brawn confirmed a growing feeling in the F1 paddock that the current political crisis is moving closer to a solution at Monaco.

Seven hours of intensive meetings took place in the Principality on 'free day' Friday, and more of the same are scheduled for Saturday.

And while no agreement between the rebel teams and Max Mosley was finalised so far, parties including the FIA president, Luca di Montezemolo and Nick Fry have commented that common ground is being found.

For example, it is rumoured that Mosley is now willing to exclude engine costs from the budget limit for several years.

"At this point I have to say I am more optimistic," Brawn, involved in both Friday's FOTA meeting and then the subsequent meeting with Mosley, said in Monte Carlo.

"We've gone forwards, not backwards," the chief of the championship leading Brackley based team added.

Another growing feeling, however, is that while the budget cap stalemate may not be insurmountable, it is actually Mosley's governance style that is causing the most unhappiness.

"Even some of the teams that might accept the cap are not really very happy about the governance of the sport," Williams' Patrick Head told The Times.

Previous article FIA, FOTA talk; F1 hangs in balance
Next article Hamilton crashes, Button again on pole

Top Comments

Latest news