Skip to main content

Recommended for you

MotoGP considering reducing riders to one bike from 2027

MotoGP
MotoGP considering reducing riders to one bike from 2027

Toyota “nervous” of Hyundai threat ahead of WRC gravel season run

WRC
Rally Japan
Toyota “nervous” of Hyundai threat ahead of WRC gravel season run

1,101 miles of racing at Charlotte? Ross Chastain and Connor Zilisch are attempting it

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
1,101 miles of racing at Charlotte? Ross Chastain and Connor Zilisch are attempting it

Why Ducati has no doubts about Marc Marquez’s future

Feature
MotoGP
Feature
Italian GP
Why Ducati has no doubts about Marc Marquez’s future

Maro Engel clears air on 2025 Max Verstappen spat after “great duel” in Nurburgring 24 hours

Endurance
Maro Engel clears air on 2025 Max Verstappen spat after “great duel” in Nurburgring 24 hours

How will Max Verstappen re-adapt to F1 after Nurburgring 24h adventure?

Formula 1
Canadian GP
How will Max Verstappen re-adapt to F1 after Nurburgring 24h adventure?

Manthey proposes radical DTM BoP reform: Rivals suspect tactical play

DTM
Manthey proposes radical DTM BoP reform: Rivals suspect tactical play

Toprak Razgatlioglu makes “really big step” in MotoGP but one key weakness remains

MotoGP
Barcelona Official Testing
Toprak Razgatlioglu makes “really big step” in MotoGP but one key weakness remains

Button willing to drive for another team

Jenson Button, the 20-year-old Briton currently driving for Williams in his first F1 season, has said that he would be willing, but not happy, to drive for another team. "I want to stay here for the next few years, but if it came to going to ...

Jenson Button, the 20-year-old Briton currently driving for Williams in his first F1 season, has said that he would be willing, but not happy, to drive for another team. "I want to stay here for the next few years, but if it came to going to another team, then, so be it."

Button signed a long-term agreement with Williams this week, but the terms of the agreement allow Williams to lend Button to another Formula One team during the term of the contract.

The speculation has been rife that Williams will bring back Juan Pablo Montoya from CART. The young Colombian, who was previously a Williams test driver, has been the toast of CART last year and this year, and won the CART championship in 1999 in his rookie year on the circuit.

In the meantime, Button is focusing on the job at hand, and ensuring that his performances leave nothing to be desired -- as demonstrated by his timesheet-topping performance in today's practice at the European Grand Prix at Nurburgring.

"I don't think about it. There is no point, but it isn't unsettling me," said Button on Friday.

Previous article Williams signs Button to long-term contract
Next article European GP Arrows Friday notes

Top Comments

Latest news