Fernando Alonso1981-07-29 (age 38)
News in depth
Max Verstappen reckons it would be a "waste of time" for Fernando Alonso to come back to Formula 1 if the two-time champion cannot get a competitive car.
Fernando Alonso says that Max Verstappen has been his choice for the best driver in Formula 1 this year thanks to his "attack mode" attitude.
Double Formula 1 world champion Fernando Alonso achieved his first podium finish in cross-country rallying in the third of his Dakar Rally preparatory outings with Toyota.
Fernando Alonso says he was relieved to enjoy a “trouble-free” opening stage of the Al Ula-Neom Cross-Country Rally in Saudi Arabia, as he gears up for next year’s Dakar Rally in his Gazoo Racing Toyota Hilux.
Fernando Alonso's adaptation to cross-country rallying so far has been "better than expected", according to his Toyota Gazoo Racing South Africa team boss Glyn Hall, but he admits Alonso's fearless driving style exposes him to extra risks.
McLaren's newly-signed young IndyCar drivers Patricio O'Ward and Oliver Askew could be called up for Formula 1 tests in 2020.
Team co-owner Sam Schmidt says that he expects Arrow McLaren SP-Chevrolet to enter a third car for next year’s Indianapolis 500, with two-time Formula 1 world champion Fernando Alonso a possibility.
Two-time Formula 1 world champion Fernando Alonso crashed out of the Morocco Rally on the third stage of the event on Monday.
Fernando Alonso says the planned regulations changes for 2021 would make that year a "good opportunity" for a possible return to Formula 1.
Fernando Alonso completed another two-day test with the Toyota Hilux on roads used in last weekend's Baja Poland, as his preparations for the 2020 Dakar Rally continue.
Is a year out such a bad thing? In most sports a whole season out of top-level competition is often a career-ending prospect. But Formula 1 provides shining examples - most notably Fernando Alonso - of how Esteban Ocon could make a triumphant return.
McLaren CEO Zak Brown remains of the view that while Fernando Alonso's desire for Indianapolis 500 glory remains intact, he’s shown no interest in competing in the full NTT IndyCar Series season.
Zak Brown, CEO of McLaren, has said that he would prefer to run the whole NTT IndyCar Series rather than an Indy 500 one-off but that Fernando Alonso does not want to run a full-season campaign.